Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why does my son cry all the time?

I'm single mom, and it's hard enough providing for him, why is he always sooo emotional? He's a boy, how do I make him suck it up? 

My young daughter cries a lot but she has delayed development so I know she is just having a hard time expressing herself and that can make her frustrated. If your son doesn't have any learning difficulties then I would say he is emotional and expressive which is a sign of intelligence actually. He is probably unhappy and his emotional needs are not being met so you should not insult his feelings by telling him to suck it up. If you make him feel invisible and invalidated, it can have a negative effect on him and he could develop anger issues as a way to release his feelings. Boys, men need to open up more don't damage your son. If he's crying find out why and help him to feel better, no matter his age. That is your job.

• R.j.

There's a reason for it, take him for help

Hi, can I ask how old is he? If he is still young that's normal from the age of 5-10 yrs old because he couldn't express boldly his feeling since he is a boy. Or maybe like my son has ASD he used his tantrums as a way of expressing what he wanted. As a single mom is not a problem to providing our kids. Try to explore working at home while taking care of your son. I have a blog about my freelancing journey hope this could help you or inspire you. 

https://analizacristino101.wixsite.com/digitalserv...

• Mark

Because you lock him in the closet or beat him with an extension cord.

Your son is a human, he has feelings. It is fine for him to cry. You're saying he is very emotional, means it's not his fault, some people are born emotional. If you want him to be physically and mentally strong, let him go out, socialize, play some sports, or do anything that interests him..! That will help.

Q : What kind of mother would ignore their child's mental health and happiness and tell them to "suck it up?", rather than getting help for their child?

A :  A Horrible mother.

Lady- YOU suck it up and bea better parent by gettingthe help your child needs because you are obvious CLUELESS!

Good Grief!

I don't get it... Why come here and troll as opposed to other social media outlets? Is your life that boring, pathetic?

• Teva

Find yourself a man, he needs a Male role model in his life.

You have to supply the male discipline that was extinguished by feminist policy, or he will grow up without being able to regulate his emtions which will wreck his life.

Well, instead of telling him to "suck it up" or "man up" you should talk to him to ask him whats wrong, the term "man up" is no longer helpful, it teaches men that they cant feel emotions and leads to relationship orblems later in life because they dont know how to express their emotions, instead talk to your son to help him get through the issue. its better for both of you