Am I right or wrong in this situation? ?

My roommate, also my ex best friend at this point are in a pretty heated argument at this point. Please give your opinion if I am right or wrong, if you think that I am wrong please tell me.

So everything was going fine, roommate decided to Get a puppy, she was very broke at this time of life, so I decided to help her pay for this new puppy. A few months later, she got a boyfriend(who treats her very poorly) And literally just stopped cleaning after her dog. At one point there was so much poop and pee in the living room that you could smell the house coming up the stairs. She also did not register her dog or paid the fee for it. I confronted her about it, and explained that I cannot keep living like this and that the state of the house is depressing me greatly. She told me she understood and she would make sure to keep the house clutter free. The next morning she did not clean up the house and I called her and asked her why did she lie to me and left the house instead of cleaning it....... She ended up getting mad at me and just stopped talking to me. A few days go by, and her new boyfriend decided to quit his job, and just live at our house without paying rent or anything. I told her that is fine, as long as we split the rent 33% so it is equal, she got upset at me again and told me she doesn't understand why he would have to pay when she pays her part. 

It's not about being right or wrong. Being right or wrong doesn't solve your problem. It's about doing what you are supposed to do. Move out. 

You don't need a friend like that. Period.

Wow, you both have issues.

Puppy goes to new home

Boyfriend goes homes

Get your name off lease and head out...or kick both of them out if her name is not on lease. Bf shouldnt be able to live their his name is not on lease.

Id be headed out.

Never buy something for someone they cant afford. They never appreciate it.

• Ajay D

ask for a lot of money for cleaning after the puppy.

Move out, this is a no win situation and you're losing your security deposit over the dog damage anyway. 

• n2mama

You both are wrong. And you’re both going to get evicted. Sorry, but the puppy is a lease violation, and the boyfriend is probably a lease violation too. If you’re both on the lease, you both get held responsible and you both get evicted. The landlord cannot evict a single person off a lease, and you would only be able to move out and break the lease if all parties agree to it, which means both your landlord and your roommate would have to sign off on it. And if your roommate can’t afford the rent by herself,  I way do either of them agree to it.

She didn't get a dog, "we" got a dog

You seem pretty oblivious:

- she has no money but you helped her get a dog

- she lets the dog go potty all over the house but you think she is going to suddenly keep the house clutter free

- you want her to each pay  1/3rd the rent, sure because 50% of $0 and 33% of $0 are both $0 so what does it matter what she agrees to pay.

Seems like you are both pretty wrong. 

If I was her landlord then I would grab her by her panties, or her hair, and then toss her out outside, you too by the way, and her boyfriend too.

Thank goodness I don't have to live with none of you.

I am a male by the way.

If her boyfriend is living in the house and he quit his job, then he has time to clean up after the dog.

I predict you will have to pay 100% of the rent before long.

MORE TO ADD:  One of his friends ended up messaging me and asking if my friend talked badly about her new boyfriend before they got together, without thinking I said yes, and added more details. I know I was in the wrong for this, and putting her business out there, I apologized to her about this situation. She told me she needs to take space from me because I broke her trust.

Her mom ended up coming unannounced to the house and stated that she was worried about my roommate, I ended up telling her mom that the new boyfriend has pretty much moved in, and that I also over heard them arguing, because she caught him cheating and begging other girls for sex.

The next day she told me she could not believe that I told her mom, and they both ended up going off on me saying that I need to get out of their business, and to grow up. I stood up for my self by telling the boyfriend (who is 3 years older then I) to grow up himself and get a job, and to stop using people to have somewhere to live.

Me and my friend ended up talking and she said I hurt her feelings a lot by saying the things that I did, she stated that I told her I didn't care if we stopped being friends, and that I just act mean and go off while she is just there to take it.

My question is, how do I proceed? I truly really care about this girl, and I think we both have done wrong in this situation and that I should apologize to her again for ever hurting her feelings, so that we can put this behind us. Or should I just leave it how it is now, with us not talking anymore?

Also I must add, she has always struggled with depression. Out of all of her friends, I believe I was the only one who was truly there for her, when I knew she was having a hard day I would surprise her with little things just to show her how much I care about her.

My boyfriend also believes that I am completely right in this situation, but me, I'm not sure.