Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

Will my plant grow? Pic?

I had this plant for a month now, it doesnt wilt but its not doing any progress either. 

Am I seeing mold on the soil?

The pot size is fine. How often do you water it? Don't every day. Maybe water every 3rd day. Does it get at least 6 hours of sunlight a day?

• L

How often do you water it and is it placed near a window for light?

Maybe it's just not the growing season right now. It may begin to flourish in the spring.

The pot looks real wet and too large.

Repot it, dryer soil....less water and some sun or a grow light.

It needs a home, stop moving it around the house. Find a spot and leave it.

• ?

The pot might be too large for the plant.This keeps the soil wet for too long and can cause root rot and wilting. You need a tray under the plant as well to allow drainage.

maybe put it outside under a tree.

• Ben

You say it doesn't wilt, but that is wilting, and quite severely. I would say you have probably over-watered it, thereby killing most of the roots, although the plant getting too cold is also a possibility. 

In all probability, the plant will not recover now. If you want to try anyway, keep it somewhere warm and light, and don't water it until the soil dries out, and even then only give it a little every time you water it. 

I feel I should also ask: does the pot have holes on the bottom? Since you don't have it in a saucer, it seems as though it might not, but holes in the bottom of a pot are vital, in order to allow excess water to drain off. Without them, the plant is very likely to become waterlogged and die.

That plant looks like it has not enough sunlight and either too much or not enough water.  I can't tell which because of the photo.   I'd need to check out the soil.

I don't see a drainage plate at the bottom.  It's possible you have both the wrong soil (like an orchid mix that doesn't hold water) and zero drainage so the roots are rotting.

We need a better description of soil, pot and picture.

• T C

Wow...that makes me feel sad. If this were a different category I would say Viagra.

It looks relatively healthy....but it almost looks as if it were deficient in a necessary mineral. Can you test the soil? 

If you have any miracle grow maybe try a light shot of that...