Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why don't people make friends on here?

Personally, I would love to be able to make friends on here, as I've noticed some of them actually seem pretty nice. I suppose if you're answering questions or having your questions answered by the same person constantly (not including trolls and illegitimate answers), you could potentially end up becoming friends with said person over time and if you actually actively interact with them outside of the normal asker/answerer roles. If I can figure out how to get in contact with people on here, other than through asking/answering questions as I don't think people would be comfortable posting personal emails or social media links on this public forum, I'd gladly ask them to be friends.

• P.L.

That is not the real purpose of this website.

Because those idiots took away the reply feature. 

this isnt a dating site

That's not the intended purpose of Yahoo Answers site zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

That's just not the nature or intent of this (allegedly) "informational" website. 

I know right, so much hate like they’re asking the most perfect questions themselves duhh there’s no wrong or right questions as our knowledge differ from each other so don’t come around criticising what I just asked!!! -what goes around comes around, if one receive a hate answer/comment, they will go and do the same, and that will pass to the other person and so on.. the circle wont have an end!! Rather spread empathy and kindness than hate .. we have enough of that

Because YA is NOT like Facebook, it's not for making friends. It's for asking and answering questions.

• because there is almost no honest communication here

• Shadow

Good question. I don’t know the answer to that but I do know there is hatred and anger in people on Y/A based on their words upon observation. Most people I mean but not everyone. Because of their hatred and anger towards other users, they would not be the type of person to have a proper friendship with. I would say there are very few people on Y/A that are friends with each other outside of the internet in the physical world.