Is this appropriate?

You receive a job offer from a company that believes youre a perfect fit for the position, but you previously applied and were mortified because they dragged you through the dirt (your career through the dirt) and slutted out your name. But after much time passes they realize just how great of an applicant you really were. Now at this point youre not very eager to work for them. And theyre still lowballing you, so theres really not much incentive to work for them. But the offer is still there regardless of how you feel. So would it be acceptable to say "not feeling it at this point in time"

From someone whos probably never been unemployed... trust me. Its a big job market. 

• L

Look for a job elsewhere.  This employer seems to be wishy washy.............meaning they change their minds at the drop of a hat.....NOT a good employer to work for.

Sounds like the abusive pimp of all employers.

Source(s): Avoid at all costs.

Just tell them that the offer is too low.

Actually just ask them for a higher salary. 

You make no sense.

You were an applicant before, never an employee.  There is no way for them to drag your career into the dirt.  You never worked for them.

However, if in the previous interview process, you weren't treated well and didn't want to work for them, you wouldn't apply in the future. 

• n2mama

I don’t even understand what “slutted out your name” means, but if a company dragged me through the dirt I seriously doubt they suddenly had a total change of heart and decided I was the perfect candidate for the position. It’s much more likely they went through all their top candidates, maybe even their second tier candidates and couldn’t find anyone to take the job for the pay they were offering or the culture they provide. So it probably isn’t that they think you’re the perfect fit now, it’s that they are at the point of desperation to offer you the job. You are always free to turn down a job, and you don’t owe them a reason or explanation why. You can simply say “No thank you”.

• Iam

Better to say something like "Thanks for your offer, I am afraid that I will not be accepting as I feel that the offered renumeration is below what I wish to accept" or stuff like that.

They dragged you through the dirt and slutted out your name and are lowballing you?

Yeah, they must believe you're a perfect fit.   LOL!

Sounds like BS to me. No potential employer drags you thru the dirt or slutted out your name.  

• God

For me it would depend on if I had other offers or potential offers.  If I didn't I would take the offer.  It's a lot easier looking for a job you REALLY want from a position of being employed instead of unemployed.