Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

What do you think of the name Sean?

How would you imagine a person with that name?

Update:

Don't you think about the soldier?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Sean is a male given name of Irish inception. Its right Irish spelling is Seán ([ʃɔːnˠ]) or Séan ([ʃeːnˠ]), while a more established structure is Seaghán or Seaġán. It is the Irish spelling of the Biblical name John. The Norman-French Jehan (see Jean) is another variant. ... For a rundown of individuals with the given name, see List of individuals named Sean.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

said the way it is spelled a middle age cook since that was my little sister's classmate in chef school.

If it said Shaun then little blond guy I answered to on my last job post.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Originally Irish, now taken by blacks

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nice, strong male name. Come immediately to think of Sean Connery.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A prissy leprechaun. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I like it.........................

• 2 months ago

What soldier?

I think of Sean Bean.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My son’s name is Sean. I was surprised that he has rarely come across another Sean at school or now at work.

No it does not make me think about a soldier. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's an Irish name, and fairly trendy.  Makes me think of a hipster - someone in skinny jeans with long shaggy hair and glasses who's into soccer and hacky sack.  Probably majoring in Literature.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think of Sean Connery.  I continue to think of him.  Then, after ten minutes of visualizing him, I wish that other Seans and Shawns resembled him. Then I return to mundane life.

It is an Irish or Scots masculine name.

A name cannot remind a person of a trade or profession. Well, it could if it was Carpenter, Smith, Roper, Sergeant / Sargent or an occupational name in another language. I suppose "Oliver Cromwell" or "Colin Powell" would call up the face of a particular general,  but "Oliver" or "Colin" would not say "soldier" to me.

Sean Connery may call up "James Bond" to most people, but neither "Sean" or "James" say "spy".  "Sean" calls up a particular actor, but "Donald" calls up "Donald Duck", "Donald Trump", "Old Macdonald", and several Dons I know, not just the actor Donald Sutherland. So "actor" will call up Sean and Donald; but their first names alone won't call up "actor"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.