Anonymous

Are paranormal hauntings actually real or is it just the mind playing tricks?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

some are real and some are not

• Infestations can be caused by flies Tze, Tze, while if it is possible, to have real visions about spirits, these are called spirits of Demons!

• 1 month ago

Occam's Razor is a theorem in philosophy that says the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Tricks of the mind or the eyes is a much simpler explanation than a non physical ghost who violates the laws of physics. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We can answer this question from the standpoint of what's most likely, since we aren't there to experience anyone's personal experiences of being haunted. There is an entire branch of science on the topic of psychology and specifically how the mind works in interpreting the senses, and how it can misinterpret them. We know that there is a huge capacity for the mind to misinterpret data according to biases, fears, current stage of knowledge, expectations and other kinds of conditioning. So this is a VERY likely possibility. On the other hand, the paranormal is rich in anecdotal stories but there is no scientific evidence of the spiritual world. Given this, it's much more likely to be mind games.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 👻
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Those who do ACTUALLY experience haunting, or communication, typically don’t need to ask if it happened, they have the validation it did. 

What’s more, no one else can really tell you if what you saw or experienced is real, cause they know jack about it!

• Sometimes it is all in the mind, mostly dreams, or sometimes someone sees some fog or hears some rodents, and misinterprets those sight or sounds as being something supernatural. 

But it's never ghosts, because ghosts are not real. .

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

BOTH----In most cases, of course, it is the mind playing tricks---especially if only ONE person is having the experiences.----If two or more people are having "experiences"  then there IS something REAL going on.------Not that it is a "real paranormal "ghost" or whatever, but something obscure, but natural, that the experiencers do not understand.----There is also the case of something NATURAL that our own Science does not understand ---YET, as we STILL do not know everything YET.----Even so NONE of it is any PROOF of actual "Ghosts" or "Hauntings".------There is REAL, but a REAL we may not know or understand yet.------As far as theories go the theory that explains the MOST and in the most simple way, is likely the real one.

• 1 month ago

It's a good job that we have people here such as DR.NG and Gary K who have interviewed all scientists of the world and come to the conclusion that most scientists are convinced they are not real??? Unless of course, they are just guessing and passing their guess off as fact. Even if it were fact, most scientists are not of any interest as it is the rest of them that need our attention. A murderer doesn't get free because there are HARDLY any witnesses and the court pays no heed to folk who were not in the vicinity of the murder at that time. Paranormal has been reported since man first learned to draw on a cave wall. It has been reported by police, pilots, military and airforce all over the world and by people who have a lot to lose. 30% of Americans report a ghost sighting each year. That is 99.3 million people who report ghosts only. The figure goes up to over two hundred million people each year who report a paranormal occurrence. You also have to take into account the sheer number of people who are denialists. No matter what they see, they will not accept it if it goes against the laws of physics (laws that are written by us and added to constantly) They also trust their senses too much, senses that can be beaten by next doors scabby cat. You need to bare all of that in mind before you decide. It is hard to believe but we are still arguing with the flat earth society as well as people who think they know how the world works.

EDIT! Tom, how come it is not real if only one person experiences it? I see things that you may not see and you hear things that I may not hear because we are all different and that also includes sensitivity to these things.

EDIT. First, Gary, you need to learn what evidence is before you spout rubbish like that. There is an abundance, a world of evidence. Try spending some of your free time in a library. As for stay sceptic, you are actually telling people not to believe what is often standing in front of them. If we stayed sceptical, we would still be living in caves and hunting with a club because those gun things are ridiculous, as are cars. I'll wrap my feet in animal skin and take a walk thank you. I know you think people who believe in paranormal are closed minded and thanks to you, animals scared of rustling grass are gullible but please think of what you are saying before you say it because most of us want to progress, not go backwards.

• Dr. NG
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, they aren't real, most scientists are convinced of that, but I'm not sure what you mean by mind tricks. Hauntings happening when going to or waking from sleep could be called mind tricks. A lack of Critical Thinking skills is in my opinion the real culprit.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

😄

I dunno. 

But after telling ghost stories about work to a friend who asked if I had any paranormal experiences here.... I ended up in the house and lot they happened on, today.

😄 Im literally sitting by the window I saw a woman pass by thru, who wasnt really there. 8 years ago.

Creepy coincidence?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.