Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 2 months ago

By how many times do blacks outnumber whites in the world?

• Bobo

One thing is true--wherever blacks outnumber whites in a society that society suffers from comparative lower standard of living (crime, pollution, real estate value, etc.).  Look at sub-Saharan Africa, any island in the Caribbean, inner cities in the US. 

First, define blacks and define whites. There's no consensus on what these nouns mean.

• F

Who do you consider black? 

Indians ? Not really black , they ( with Pakistan and Bangladesh) gave a combined population of 1.7 bn , just over 20% of the world .

China has 1.5 bn, nearly 20%, if we include all of SE Asia, none of whom are black that’s about 30%. 

So that’s half the world that’s not black. 

OK we have sub Saharan Africa which is mainly black , possibly 1bn.

Together with Brazil, USA and the Caribbean and European immigrants , that probably 1.5 bn or about 20% of the world.

So that leaves 30% for all the others.,white, Hispanic, native Indians and Aboriginals and mixed.

Of the rest white would be the biggest group , I would estimate , probably less than half? , so 15%?

So blacks do outnumber whites but not by any great number.

Source(s): Quick maths done in my head from real numbers from wiki.
  • garry

they dont , simple as tat ..

• Liz

Well it certainly doesn't matter to God who is not partial. (Acts 10:34,35)

Whites were approx 8% of world population in the 1970s. Probably much lower as white Europeans have less than 2 children per family.

Source(s): But how do we define 'white'?

N0, non-whites do not outnumber whites in the US.  They've got you fooled. You just think that because they are vastly overrepresented in media. Whites are 76% and non-hispanic whites are 60%. 

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PS...

I just watched a movie with my son on American TV.   We live in Germany and there were a lot of commercials.

He said, "I didn't realize there were so many more black people than white people in the US."  I asked why he thought that.  He said, "Almost all the commercials are black people."

I laughed and said, "No, it's just media bias. Blacks are about 12% of the US."  So, we counted the next commercial break and then the next.  The first had 60 black faces and 4 white faces.  The second commercial break had 54 black faces and 16 white faces.  

And no, this isn't a one off.  It's typical.  We weren't watching a movie starring black people and it was on regular network TV.  I've noticed this for years and so have many others but commenting on the obvious bias is "racist."

It's so skewed that to a kid growing up in Germany, it appeared as though the US is a black majority country.

• Matt

black people and white people are pretty much equally represented globally 

Black is a disease to humans.

Non-whites do outnumber whites in the USA. I am tri-racial.