How can be more confident in God's existence?

For the record, i'm Agnostic, so I'm really unsure if there is a God. I want to believe but as far as I'm aware, there is no scientific proof that God exist. I'm very worried that if there is a heaven or hell, I won't go to heaven because I don't believe in god, but I'm also worried that if there is no afterlife, I'll live in eternal darkness when I die.

• Rjgmh

Read the bible. Discover that it is a book that has many prophesies that have came true to the letter. Except for those that still need to come true. But they will Just as Israel came back to the land and is speaking Hebrew again. If you study the bible you will see that it is one integrated message written by 40 authors in over 2000 years. It has to be written from outside of the timedomain thus proving God.

And it agrees with science. (see video series) 

And make sure you believe in the right god, since humans have invented thousands..

Perhaps there is no "scientific proof" as you call it.  But science in itself is not exact, people just use it as a political tool.  For example, plenty of left wing people will say things like "I believe in Science" but then they support abortion.  Well, science says the baby is alive.  Or they are willing to accept a 3rd gender or no gender when science clearly states there are two genders.

But there is definitely proof God exists.  Look around you.  Science cannot answer questions about the universe.  For example, the universe is constantly increasing in size but then there must be something outside of the universe that the universe is located inside of.  There is plenty of documentation of after death experiences in people who were eventually revived.

In my case, there have been numerous events which are way beyond coincidence for me to just write off as random occurrences.  I can't believe some of the "close calls" that I have had or some of the things that I asked God for that immediately, inexplicably happened afterwards.  

With regards to your fear, you are not an atheist, you are agnostic and you are making a good faith effort to find out God.  Therefore, you do have a good chance of going to heaven.  You are not actively rejecting God.  Jesus died for all of us and if we believe in him we are guaranteed eternal life, but if we don't believe in him through no fault of our own, then the possibility of eternal life also exists.

@ all posters on Y!A,please read the following comment about the poster using ? as a user name.  Don't take my word for this, look back and count the number of answers  by ? on this question and notice for some questions he answers 5, 6 and at least one question he answered it 7 times, using the same user name of ?. No 2 persons can have the same user name, but this guy uses ? level 7, ? Level 5, and ? level 4.  See what I wrote to him below;  Is he a plant by Y!A or what ?

@?, you are really all over the place aren't you!  I have been watching you for a long time, and it is obvious that you are using various user names, and also with the user name ? you  answer each question more than once, sometimes at many times as 7 answers to the same question; your answers are sometime pro-religion/bible belief and at other times your answers are totally anti religion an bible.You have given 4 separate answers to this question, that I noticed, but there might be one or two more of your answers.

Well, you can be sure that if there is no afterlife, you won't "live in eternal darkness when you die."  If there is no afterlife, you won't live anywhere, not even "in eternal darkness."  You simply will have ceased to exist altogether.

Please believe Jesus really existed and he cares about you and the Indians know how important this and show love for the earth and all life on it and a very special blessing awaits you. God will see how you treat the animals and this is important for your future blessings. 

• ?

By asking Him to reveal Himself to you, as He has done for hundreds of millions of other people.

• Saad M

You are the proof of your creation by God The All Creator.

Belief in God is a faith based choice, and faith is a gift from God. While you call yourself an agnostic, and leave room for the possibility of God's existence, you are in effect denying God, and that makes you an atheist. 

You are correct: If you do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, hell will be yours. Read and STUDY the Gospel of John, and see if it does not lead to belief, and to salvation from hell.  

Look at some of the evidence of miracles. One major example is the Miracle of the Sun, which happened in Fatima (Portugal) in 1917. Another example would be the various happenings associated with the life of St Pio of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio), an Italian monk who died in the 1960s. I've picked those two examples because they are recent enough that they are well-recorded historical cases and can't be dismissed as just legends, but if you explore a bit more widely you'll find other examples of miracles all throughout Christian history.

Secondly, try praying. By this, I don't just mean talking at God, but taking time to be quiet and pay attention as well. Prayer is like any conversation, it needs both speaking and listening.

Thirdly, find some good books which present a reasoned and intelligent case for Christianity. A good example is "Mere Christianity", by CS Lewis.