Apart from accent,how can you tell someone is British?

Ask them where they're from.🙂🙂

Ask them who they voted for in the last national election🙂🙂

Ask them what their favorite football team is🙂🙂

• Craig

You can tell for sure when they tell you.  

Short of that, you might be able to catch a word or phrase that is distinctly British.  Most Brits eventually betray a fondness for eccentricity of personality, and a predilection toward viewing society in terms of classes...but these traits also appear in many non-British English-speakers, so they can't be conclusive "tells".  There's also a British mode of fashion - but again, a Brit might be wearing local clothes and a non-Brit might wear British styles, so it's not conclusive.Your best bet is vocabulary.  Catch their panicked reaction when the American pilot announces "We'll be taking off momentarily." 

The words they use and if they watch rugby and soccer instead when rigged NFL is on. 

I'm sure that I could think of many questions that only we would know the answers to.  Also as I am British putting on a fake accent won't work, it'd be immediately obvious.