Moses asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

What happened to all those questions with no best answer because of no votes (or ties) on the old Yahoo! Answers?

On the old Yahoo! Answers, you used to be able to vote for a best answer for someone else's question. Some questions had answers that would get no votes or ties, and those questions would get old without a decided vote.

Recently, I have been going back through a lot of my questions and finding quite a few with no best/favorite answers. I have been choosing answers and closing out the questions. It's a bit of a task since Yahoo took away our simple tools to pick a page to go to.

I think many will stay unresolved since it becomes a bit of a hassle to try to go back many years. I am at five year old questions and even that has taken some time, but still trying to go all the way back. for some reason, I keep getting reset to the beginning after a while and have to start all over again.

They are all still sitting there, on  some server....forever open, and unresolved. 

Unless one of the users ever wakes up from the dead, and decides to close their answers out,  from a decade ago. 

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that ...........but every now and then,  I will get a BA from 4 or 5 years ago. 

Edit, a day later.......wow......speak of the Devil.......

I was just NOW awarded this Best answer...........from 5 years ago!  

See?  it still happens from time to time.   

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20160...

• ?

It just sits there without a Best Answer if the Asker does not Pick one then it Remains Unresolved 

Questions dont Expire anymore

• .

Nothing. They simply never had a BA selected. They still exist in the database.

Nothing happened. They are still there

• ?

They are still in the digital databases. Tacos supposed to be about SHARING knowledge based on formal education and life experience. Old questions can still be answered even if a best answer has been chosen or voted years ago. Sometimes a question cannot get new answers BECAUSE a best answer had been voted or chosen. As far as Yahoo and Verizon are concerned, those questions are?resolved, but they Stay in the digital data.bases. Yahoo Verizon OWNS them and can sell them for money. That's exactly what Yahoo Inc

did in 2013 and 2014.