Anonymous

How do I quit a job I just started?

So I’m 16 years old and my mom forced me to get a job instantly. The only place that was hiring near me was Dairy Queen so I applied. Today is my second day and I’m already not liking it because working at fast food is not my thing. How should I quit my job on the second or third day?

• ron h

saidul, he didn't say "cheap food," he said fast food. and "You realize that thing about everybody needs to begin some place, however don't make due with little"  whatever that means..

.

Kid, don't be a baby. Stick it out for 6 months--be on time every day and do the best you can.  THEN look for a better job.  

You may not like fast food, but it's a job, bud. Give it a little more time. 

You said that working cheap food isn't your thing. So the thing is your thing? Time to get pondering your vocation. Meanwhile, getting some work on your resume is a very smart thought, as you will get no-where with no sort of history.

You realize that thing about everybody needs to begin some place, however don't make due with little.

• Jane

You said that working fast food is not your thing. So what is your thing? Time to get thinking about your career. In the meantime, getting some employment on your resume is a pretty good idea, as you will get no-where without any kind of track record.

You know that thing about everyone has to start somewhere, but don't settle for little.

You're not a child anymore.  Stop acting like one. 

• Judy

Uh, what IS "your thing?"

it's took bad that you choose what is your thing before you try it.

that's going to create a pretty sucky unsuccessful life.

• John

If your mother forced you to get a job, she will force you to get another one (plus probably laying some other punishments on you) if you quit.  Keep your current job, and in the meantime try to find something you like better.  Don't get your hopes up too high, as in the current economic state many would like to have a fast food job.

Well, I just walked out !