Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Is there a way to stop lagging on my laptop?

I use a monitor with my laptop and sometimes when I watch videos, mainly sports, it lags for split seconds. It gets worse if I play games.

Yeah, turn the video settings down, or buy a gaming computer

I have three possible suggestions for you:

1.  Perhaps your computer doesn't have enough horsepower to handle the high resolution or graphics settings you are using.  If you are trying to watch a Youtube video at 1080p60fps and it's doing that, try 720p instead.  Or 480p.

2.  If you've had this laptop for years, it's possible it has accumulated so much crap on it that resources are being diverted to unnecessary things.  If you back up all your data and then do a Factory Restore so it erases everything and sets up your computer like it was new, I bet you it will run very nicely.

3.  It's possible your Browser may consume too many resources for your laptop.  Try a lighter browser.  I hear Opera is good for that.

• casper

Try using a different hdmi cable. 

no.  your cpu/gpu do not have sufficient power for what you're trying to do.  to stop lagging, get a new one with much better processing power and graphics  -- grampa