should I be worried about std?

I was never a super sexually active person. I’m 20 and have only had sexual intercourse 5 times. 3/5 times it was only a few minutes of being inside. I was never really concerned about std or hiv because I have never really had any symptoms. Before my girlfriend the last time I have had intercourse was months before . Anyways. My girlfriend and I do have unprotected sex a lot and recently her period came 2 weeks early. She is on the pill so that could be the reason for that. But she said she has some pain in her uterus and her lower abdomen. I’m probably overthinking and shouldn’t be googling this stuff cause it’s only going to scare me more. Should I get tested for std? I’m just scared. Idk why. Also where could I get tested for free? I still live at home and don’t want to go through a whole process where my parents are going to find out. I would rather just go somewhere that does it for free and not have to make it a big process of insurance and stuff. Thankyou 

• ?

She should get checked out by a doctor or gynecologists. If she has an std then you should get checked out and tested for stds. Birth control pills only prevents pregnancy it doesn't prevent stds. If she's on a decent brand it's usually about 99.5 percent effective if she takes it practically every day. I've never gotten pregnant while I was on birth control. 

It shouldn't be that big of deal to process a claim for your insurance company. Depending on your insurance company, most clinics are able to put your claim through to the company themselves. Then you pay what ever they don't cover.

If you want next to free, planned parenthood may be the way to go for you. 

• Joe

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

Planned Parenthood provides affordable confidential testing for sexually transmitted infections. 

If you aren't trying to make a baby and aren't trying to get an infection, then why on earth are you NOT using condoms? Oral contraception ("the pill") isn't 100% safe and does NOTHING to prevent infection. If you don't want complications, then for heaven's sake be sexually responsible like an adult, not stupid like a kid. 

No. Worrying won't help anyway.  The pain your gf is feeling has to do with her period, not STDs. 

I'd suggest the following:

1. Use a condom even though your gf is on the pill.  This is the best way (other than abstaining) to protect yourself from STIs.

2. Next time you go to the doctor, talk to them about your concern and asking about testing. It isn't likely that you've been exposed, but some STIs can hang around for a long time with no symptoms (Chlamydia).  Your conversation is private, but you do need to let your doctor know that you are sexually active. 

3. What you have to understand about STIs is that they don't always have symptoms.  Every time you have unprotected sex, you are basically having intimate contact with every person your partner has had sex with AND every partner those partners had sex with.   

• Tavy

Stop panicking. Periods can alter on the pill due to her hormone levels. Nothing to do with a STD 

• kelvin

you should be scared seeing as how some of those things can make you unable to make babies in the future

Unless your GF is sleeping around you should be OK.