Can this tattoo be covered up?

I got this Santa Muerte Tattoo in October mainly because I thought it was cool!! I knew that it has a negative connotation for religious people but I’m not super religious myself so I didn’t think it was a big deal. My mom saw it recently when I came home for the holidays and she freaked out! She’s convinced that it represents the devil and she wants me to get it covered up immediately. 

I still think that it’s cool but compared to how my mom reacted I would rather just make her happy. 

Now, I’m just looking for advice on what types of styles and tattoos would be able to cover it properly. The tattoo takes up a pretty big portion of my upper arm and I’m thinking that I would need to do a half sleeve of some sort to cover it fully. I don’t have my heart set on anything yet and I am just open to all ideas right now. Would I need to get it partially or fully lasered away? Let me know what you think. Thanks 🙏 

below is a pic from when it was fresh, it’s now fully healed 

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yeah, fix a stupid tat with a bigger stupid tat... Put Joe Biden's face over it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you were home for the holidays, it's better to wait to find out whether you spread covid and killed your mother. That way, the tattoo wouldn't matter.

• 2 months ago

You're going to let your mother dictate your whole life? I mean, it starts with covering this to make her happy, then other compromises down the line. My mom hates all of my tattoos, but oh well. I didn't get them to make her happy, I got them to make ME happy. 

You get this covered, and your mother will win: ALWAYS. With every little thing you do, she's going to be there wishing it was something else, for you to do something her way. Grow a damn backbone and keep the tattoo.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Our Lady of the Holy Death is a personification of death. Unlike other saints who originated in Mexican folk Catholicism, Santa Muerte is not, herself, seen as a dead human being. She is associated with healing, protection, financial wellbeing, and assurance of a path to the afterlife and if i was you i would just keep it and show this to your mother

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.