Can this tattoo be covered up?

I got this Santa Muerte Tattoo in October mainly because I thought it was cool!! I knew that it has a negative connotation for religious people but I’m not super religious myself so I didn’t think it was a big deal. My mom saw it recently when I came home for the holidays and she freaked out! She’s convinced that it represents the devil and she wants me to get it covered up immediately. 

I still think that it’s cool but compared to how my mom reacted I would rather just make her happy. 

Now, I’m just looking for advice on what types of styles and tattoos would be able to cover it properly. The tattoo takes up a pretty big portion of my upper arm and I’m thinking that I would need to do a half sleeve of some sort to cover it fully. I don’t have my heart set on anything yet and I am just open to all ideas right now. Would I need to get it partially or fully lasered away? Let me know what you think. Thanks 🙏 

below is a pic from when it was fresh, it’s now fully healed 

Yeah, fix a stupid tat with a bigger stupid tat... Put Joe Biden's face over it.

If you were home for the holidays, it's better to wait to find out whether you spread covid and killed your mother. That way, the tattoo wouldn't matter.

You're going to let your mother dictate your whole life? I mean, it starts with covering this to make her happy, then other compromises down the line. My mom hates all of my tattoos, but oh well. I didn't get them to make her happy, I got them to make ME happy. 

You get this covered, and your mother will win: ALWAYS. With every little thing you do, she's going to be there wishing it was something else, for you to do something her way. Grow a damn backbone and keep the tattoo.

• kelvin

Our Lady of the Holy Death is a personification of death. Unlike other saints who originated in Mexican folk Catholicism, Santa Muerte is not, herself, seen as a dead human being. She is associated with healing, protection, financial wellbeing, and assurance of a path to the afterlife and if i was you i would just keep it and show this to your mother