Jamie
Jamie asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 3 days ago

Do you think Marcus Rashford needs the concept of self reliance and personal responsibility explained to him?

Updated 3 days ago:

@ Three Thing , I think I saw the same lady as you on the news . I asked this question not because I resent the kids from eating but because dependency on these vouchers could actually turn the parents into useless lumps . In the eighties us three kids went shopping with my mum and she would dread it with £5 in her purse but she would get home all proud of her sensible shop .It is a good use of money while peers receive £300 for attending The Hse Of Lords.

Updated 3 days ago:

Another concern I have with this scheme is there can come an element of ' Get what you're given and be grateful' ringing out on social media at those not satisfied .

• ?
    3 days ago

Yeah it's getting ridiculous now, I've only just seen the story on the news this minute, first of all the government were horrible for not taking over the parent's responsibility to feed their kids, now when they do there's a problem with the food parcels.  I've just seen a lady moaning that it's not enough I mean you've got to be kidding me!!

There's no food fairy, this is taxpayer money, we're feeding their kids and now all I see is ungratefulness.  We should start arranging collections for anyone who doesn't want the parcels they've received for FREE.

My blood is boiling right now I have to admit.

3 days ago

I watched a story yesterday, with a bag full of carrots, pasta, onions tins of beans, rice pudding and something which masqueraded as cereal, and suspected whoever the government had put in charge of this had pocketed at least a third of the money, and used the remainder for the trash end of the market. 

• Dayton
    3 days ago

It was obvious that the food parcels being given out were ridiculously cheap meaning that the tory mates paid to do this would be pocketing a load of left over cash

3 days ago

Norwich? Is that you, 'arry! 

See Brit lorry drivers are having their sarnies confiscated across the channel. "Let’s take back control of borders, laws and money,” wailed Priti Patel in 2018. Oh yes! And the asker growls at a footballer who's embarrassed a government. lollollol

3 days ago

The hateful selfish Gammon attitudes expressed here sum up Brexit Britain.  We Gammons constantly tell us that the UK will become an economic superpower post EU but the reality is that with parasitical Tories in control we can't even feed poor kids without corruption literally taking food from the children's mouths.  

Luncheon vouchers worked perfectly well for many years with only very limited abuse but of course that prevents corrupt food supply contracts being handed out without any tendering processes.  

3 days ago

Marcus Rashford, Lewis Hamilton, Anthony Joshua.  Pride of England. 

• ?
    3 days ago

First they were giving people £15 if vouchers to provide 5 lunches for their own child. 

I spend way less than that for lunches for my wife and me , two adults , not one primary school child.

Of course they wanted that, there would be at least £10 left over. 

Then they gave the £15 to companies to provide boxes of food. These parasites supplied about £2 worth of food, which was inadequate but it’s presented as “the Tories starving poor kids”.

We need intelligent people who can oversee this scheme to provide the right food at the right cost to tax payers. What we don’t need is a multimillionaire footballer wanting to spend taxes from hard earning people and we don’t need political points scoring.

Also some of these parents need lessons in cooking and providing proper meals. I can make a pot of decent soup to feed 10 for about £1, why can’t they.

3 days ago

My take on the food parcels is that the company who was providing the parcels aren't providing what was originally agreed.

As for self reliance well that is sorely being tested in these exceptional times.For lots of people they are experiencing hardship for the first time.

3 days ago

It's all about publicity. It's the parents responsibility to feed their children not the rest of us.

• He's using his influence to get things done.

I applaud his input.

Wayne Rooney never did this for poor Liverpudlians.

It's good to see traditional English values being passed to the next generation.

• 3 days ago

What have YOU done to try to help others? Very probably nothing.

Marcus sees a problem which needs to be fixed and is doing his best to fix it.

In my book he thoroughly deserves his MBE and if he goes on like this I can see a Knighthood in the offing.

I am wondering if you are anti Rashford because you are white and he is not.