Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Why did my microwave do this?

My microwave just made loud crack/pop noise than flashing from the back of the unit, what could cause this?

Update:

microwaves not even 2 months old yet

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    means you are using aluminum in it .dont use aluminum in it !!!how old is it , there meant to last less than 10 years , thats why the warranty is only 12 months on them .

  • 2 months ago

    There is a problem with your microwave, I think you should skip the microwave and buy a new one. Because after a few days of repairing old things, there is a possibility that they will be damaged again.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Did you put anything metallic in it. Meaning a staple a foil gold or silver plated dishes.  Yeah, even under the glaze the sparks happen.  You ruin your machine.  You don't want to do this.

  • zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Sounds like you put something with metal in it to heat up: WHICH IS A HUGE NO< NO!

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    means you are using aluminum in it .dont use aluminum in it !!!how old is it , there meant to last less than 10 years , thats why the warranty is only 12 months on them .

  • 2 months ago

    Capacitor on high voltage side go BOOM!

    Time for a new microwave.

  • 2 months ago

    it is dead.  bin it and buy a new one

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    I maintained a cooker microwave for 13 years before it started to begin giving way. Yours might be showing signs of breaking down. You should always get a very good one preferably with an oven/grill inside and always buy warante with it so you can get it repaired or replaced. Be careful of using it with signs of it becoming faulty and that is, if you are obviously not putting any kind of foil or metal inside as microwaves use slight radioactivity. 

  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    Sounds like its dead or dieing.   Even at 2 months its made in china an stuffs not made like it use to be.

  • T C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Something metallic inside ...

    Could be on or in the dish/platter or in the food....

    It could be a piece of the paint inside the microwave cavity has come off exposing metal...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.