Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 2 months ago

Is it true that you should never order from the daily specials at a restaurant?

Because the specials consist of what the chef needs to get rid of before it goes bad?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not at all

The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters

• 1 month ago

Client Holdmeclserponydanza said: "Soups, specials (when an item is going to turn sour and not every day specials like half off pizza Tuesday)." ... In the interim another client said: "Soup in the event that it is late. That soup has been perched on the hotter the entire day." One of different purposes of exhortation was to try not to arrange serving of mixed greens from the menu.

• 2 months ago

yes it’s all leftover food from the day before 

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Partly true. “Soup of the day” is made from yesterday’s left overs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.It's the opposite.The more they sell the fresher it will be.I never order anything from a menu that i think will be hardly ever made.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No.It's the opposite.The more they sell the fresher it will be.I never order anything from a menu that i think will be hardly ever made.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The daily specials are normally the same every week.  Example.  We have a restaurant in the hospital i work at.  The specials are the same every month, they rotate them every week...they’re not different because they don’t need to get rid of food, that’s just the way it is

• fuzzy
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

At least you know that the daily special is up on the line and current, un like something else on the menu that no one has ordered that day yet, so you're bound to get  something flash thawed and hammered together. And possibly an angry chef 

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well at least he's using it up 'before' it goes bad, and you could get a reasonably priced meal out of it!.

• 2 months ago

No. Specials are usually items that are not typically on the menu. They are when the restaurant gives the chef free reign to make something that they would be passionate making, either as a temporary menu item such as seasonal items or as a trial run for something that might be put on the menu later. They are often made with the freshest ingredients for the time they are on the menu. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.