Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 2 months ago

Why does my son constantly do this loud vocalization?

He starts it and gradually gets louder.  Its a vocalization..  Not quite singing.   Butbjuat consistently gets louder.

I have headaches often and this sound is hard to tolerate.   I ask him REPEATEDLY to be more quiet.   He gets mad when I tell him I need it toned down.Hes 7..  So should be well beyond making babyish noises

You need to have your son evaluated for an Autism spectrum disorder. This kind of strange vocalization is one of the symptoms of Autism. They call it echolalia. Your son may need to have cognitive behavioral therapy to help him overcome his tendency to vocalize this way, and the sooner he gets diagnosed, the better for both of you.

I'd ask twice then things would disappear starting with video games followed by phone and warm bedroom.

Hed get a clue in the garage for the night.

Record it and play it back when he has friends over. Embarrass the little brat to death.

If he wants to do it, tell him it is fine, he just needs to do it in his room. Then enforce it.