Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

why do rich people send their kids to private schools despite public schools being vastly superior?

public schools offer a vastly superior education in comparison to private schools.

why do rich people like bill gates and Obama send their kids to private schools though? anyone know?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think you know the "public schools being vastly superior" is wholly incorrect.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i doubt that very much,  i went to what we call here a comprehensive secondary school, a state school with some private education elements,  and it was by general decree, one of the best schools in the land..because we had students from all backgrounds but the general pass rates were exceptional..

• 1 month ago

That’s not true. Private schools have more funding so they can hire better teachers and use more sophisticated teaching tools. 

I went to a public school and we had to take turns using the school computer if we didn’t have a computer at home (and most of us don’t) when we needed to write research papers. So either we come in as soon as the library opens, stay late until it closes, or use lunch time to type up the paper. 

When I went to summer school that was held at a private school, it had a computer room full of computers and printers were hooked up to each one (this was before there was internet and network sharing). 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because public schools teach things like science, logic and evidence, things Trumptards want to keep a secret. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

42% of Yale students and 37% of Harvard students went to a private high school. Only 10% of US students attend private school. Those are great odds. Where did you get the idea that "public schools offer a vastly superior education in comparison to private schools"?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Actually that is NOT always true - it depends on where you live - AND if the kid has any "special needs" or not!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.