Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

What Macbook Pro should I get in 2020?

I know this question is asked to death, but I'm looking for a MacBook Pro model that fits my preferences. I'm looking for a relatively fast (sub-$1000) laptop that can run software like Photoshop, Lightroom, and Final Cut Pro. I've been looking at the 2013 models but I'm not sure if they'd be very good in 2020.

It's going to be hard to find a MacBook Pro that can handle all those high-resource-demand programs for less that $1000. I would anticipate paying at least $1200 even for an older used or refurbished MacBook Pro. And I wouldn't buy anything older than about 2016 at this point (even if I am using a late 2012 iMac). I just looked at Apple's website and they have a LOT of refurbished MacBook Pros, but the cheapest (which would be inadequate for your use because it only has 8 GB of RAM and a small SSD) is still over $1200. You will want one that has more than 8 GB of RAM, especially if running Final Cut. And you need a lot of storage. So I would expect to pay closer to $2000 than $1000 and maybe more.