Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

What Macbook Pro should I get in 2020?

I know this question is asked to death, but I'm looking for a MacBook Pro model that fits my preferences. I'm looking for a relatively fast (sub-$1000) laptop that can run software like Photoshop, Lightroom, and Final Cut Pro. I've been looking at the 2013 models but I'm not sure if they'd be very good in 2020.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

It's going to be hard to find a MacBook Pro that can handle all those high-resource-demand programs for less that $1000. I would anticipate paying at least $1200 even for an older used or refurbished MacBook Pro. And I wouldn't buy anything older than about 2016 at this point (even if I am using a late 2012 iMac). I just looked at Apple's website and they have a LOT of refurbished MacBook Pros, but the cheapest (which would be inadequate for your use because it only has 8 GB of RAM and a small SSD) is still over $1200. You will want one that has more than 8 GB of RAM, especially if running Final Cut. And you need a lot of storage. So I would expect to pay closer to $2000 than $1000 and maybe more.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.