Why would a post item not reach its destination?

I sent a package from Australia to USA and in the usps tracking it says that there has been a delivery attempt action is needed. A delivery needs to be rescheduled before December 27 or it will be sent back. Why didn’t the item reach the destination?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Perhaps a signature is required on delivery & nobody is home. That would probably be the most common reason.

• 1 month ago

There are different reasons and you should call the person to whom you sent the package.  Some of the reasons a package would need an action taken include:

1. The item may be deemed on that is covered by an import tax or tariff even if it is f. or personal use and a gift.

2. The postage was insufficient and the recipient needs to pay the balance before it can be delivered.

3. The package needs to be signed for and no one was home to sign.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

lots of possible reasons.  If it has to be signed for,mayb nobody was there to sign.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I bought something from amazon the stuff came in different shipments. Got the first, they said the 2nd one was late, then they said it was lost and to ask for a refund. I don't believe they sent it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

if it's being sent by the United States Postal Service it may be because it needs to be signed for, or you put it down as COD, which is cash on delivery, which means they need the other person to pay for the shipping, if it is being sent by any of the non government shipping companies it could be as simple as the person lives in an apartment building and nobody is letting the currier in

• 1 month ago

That sounds like it did, but there was no one in to accept it & they need to instruct the post office to redeliver on an agreed date.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.