Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why do you deny God?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • Saad M
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I love God and Prophet Muhammad (ps) while respecting the other prophets (ps).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't now, but when I was about 12, I remember looking up into the night sky, spectacular with stars, thinking “There MUST be someone out there. There must be a God.” Then walking into the house I also remember clearly thinking “What good is knowing THAT going to do me?” And I brushed off knowledge… dismissing it as irrelivant.

Three decades later - after a miserable existance I can only describe as a kind of living-death - I met Jesus. He stepped out of history and into my life and saved me from the prison of my sin, and the death sentence they deserved.

I was in my 40’s when I first read the words in scripture that say (paraphrased):

Everyone knows God exists, but because they love sin, they dismiss the knowledge of Him as irrelivant.

From first hand experience, I knew it to be true.

For what may be known about God is plain to everyone; for He has made this plain to them. His invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - are clearly seen through what has been made, so they have no excuse.

The skies declare the glory of God.

The firmament speaks of His handiwork.

Nature speaks: it is God's 'other' Bible.

So although they know God, they neither glorify Him as God nor do they give thanks to Him. Their thinking, futile; their foolish hearts, darkened. Claiming to be wise, but have become fools.

Therefore God gave them over to a strong delusion and to the desires of their hearts: to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator of all things — who is forever praised.

Amen.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

why simple you get him to come to my place and have a meal , beer and a talk then i will believe in god , you cant can you ...lol.. just prove it ...thats all i ask .

• 2 months ago

All or just your god? NEXT...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Simple:  because there is zero credible, reliable, verifiable evidence for the existence of any god, whether the one you believe in or anyone else's, and I am not convinced that any god exists merely from the pathetic attempts at arguments and testimony that theists present to support their claims of a god.  I'm a more rational person than that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The lack of proof or compelling evidence of any gods, plus the indisputable fact that humans make up gods.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Says who?  Ask a question that makes sense.

• jijawm
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Because He expects me to act against my animal nature, take personal responsibility for my actions, care for others, and to to adhere to standards of behavior.

Wauughhh! 

• 2 months ago

Because it only exists within the religious mindset

• 2 months ago

Deny it? I don't even believe in it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.