Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why do you deny God?

• Saad M

I love God and Prophet Muhammad (ps) while respecting the other prophets (ps).

I don't now, but when I was about 12, I remember looking up into the night sky, spectacular with stars, thinking “There MUST be someone out there. There must be a God.” Then walking into the house I also remember clearly thinking “What good is knowing THAT going to do me?” And I brushed off knowledge… dismissing it as irrelivant.

Three decades later - after a miserable existance I can only describe as a kind of living-death - I met Jesus. He stepped out of history and into my life and saved me from the prison of my sin, and the death sentence they deserved.

I was in my 40’s when I first read the words in scripture that say (paraphrased):

Everyone knows God exists, but because they love sin, they dismiss the knowledge of Him as irrelivant.

From first hand experience, I knew it to be true.

For what may be known about God is plain to everyone; for He has made this plain to them. His invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - are clearly seen through what has been made, so they have no excuse.

The skies declare the glory of God.

The firmament speaks of His handiwork.

Nature speaks: it is God's 'other' Bible.

So although they know God, they neither glorify Him as God nor do they give thanks to Him. Their thinking, futile; their foolish hearts, darkened. Claiming to be wise, but have become fools.

Therefore God gave them over to a strong delusion and to the desires of their hearts: to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator of all things — who is forever praised.

Amen.

• ?

why simple you get him to come to my place and have a meal , beer and a talk then i will believe in god , you cant can you ...lol.. just prove it ...thats all i ask .

All or just your god? NEXT...

• ?

Simple:  because there is zero credible, reliable, verifiable evidence for the existence of any god, whether the one you believe in or anyone else's, and I am not convinced that any god exists merely from the pathetic attempts at arguments and testimony that theists present to support their claims of a god.  I'm a more rational person than that.

The lack of proof or compelling evidence of any gods, plus the indisputable fact that humans make up gods.

Says who?  Ask a question that makes sense.

• jijawm

Because He expects me to act against my animal nature, take personal responsibility for my actions, care for others, and to to adhere to standards of behavior.

Wauughhh! 

Because it only exists within the religious mindset

Deny it? I don't even believe in it.