A buyer on eBay arranged own courier and he didn’t receive the item, he opened a paypal claim and has gotten a full refund (see details)?

He arranged own courier And the item didn’t arrive and now claimed a refund from paypal, he didn’t have insurance so he couldn’t claim any refund from the courier, and now I’m at loss of this. 

Can I go to a small claim count to claim the money back from him even though Paypal chose in his favour? 

The courier collected, tracking shows it was collected and that was it, no more updates I recon the driver stole It. 

The courier wasn’t a private courier, it was a postage courier (parcelforce) 

Buyer arranged courier to collect from door and I can’t contact them about it due to data protection 

It’s £550 value is it worth it ? 

Is there any rules on eBay and paypal that says I can’t go to a count against him in their policy? 

You have no recourse, not with ebay, paypal, parcelforce or the buyer. 

The very least you should have done is entered PayPals pickup code for the paypal payment.  Anything after that would be the buyers loss.

What a shocker.

Sure you can take him to court.  How are you going to find him?  Do you think you have his real name and address = Yeah, not so much.

Next time don't be so gullible. 

Yes you can take him to small claims court.  

Let's say he doesn't bother to show up and you win.   Then what?    How will you get your money?

Unless this is a significant amount of money, it probably isn't worth it unless you want to just on principle. 

Next time YOU arrange the courier.   Hopefully the courier at least gave you a written receipt for the parcel.