? asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Is it fair to say Kamala Harris was an affirmative-action hire...?

did biden pick her by perceived gender and race...?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Well McCain picked Palin for the same reason. At least Harris is smart. 

• 1 month ago

To answer the OP's question>>Yes Ms. Harris was picked and chosen for obvious political {hidden agenda} reasons. 

A reply to BIll since that option is no longer available to reply to directly>>>

You [Bill] wrote "bill   3 days ago 

Obviously because every time he does this he advertises it.She was not well liked even in her home state. How many times has she talked about her BIPOCness herself in interviews?"

Yep, very true Bill, I live in Calif. born and raised and believe me we know about her reputation. Very disliked to say the least. Just like our Governor. SMH!

• 1 month ago

Yes, he even said so himself in August.  He said he was going to pick a woman.  

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

biden didnt pick her , the political minders did , if he didnt pick her , would have the blacks voted for an old white man to be president , biden didnt know any policies , they where made up as an after thought ..lol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I imagine Biden picked her because he felt she was the most qualified, grown ups do that unlike certain presidents who pick his family that has absolutely no qualifications to have high ranking positions. 

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In politics, "affirmative action" has no use for selecting candidates.

You select so that you have the best chance of winning, not to make a quota.

If the electorate is more inclined to vote for you because you have this running mate, then (all other things being equal), he or she is probably a good selection.

After all, clearly a huge reason that Obama selected Biden was the pull that Biden had with the South (particularly blacks in the South).  Was that, in your mind, some kind of affirmative action?

Yes, all other things being equal, the fact that Ms. Harris is female and not white helps underline the statement that Biden is trying to make about Democrats and his own awareness.

It CLEARLY is a statement.  Yup, I think most people would agree to that.

But (and this is key), she's also pretty damn qualified for the post.  If it politically advantageous to both make that statement and hire someone who can do the job, wouldn't he be a fool not to?

You can try to tarnish her image by calling it "affirmative action" but I would ask you to point to a candidate that is better placed to do what the Democratic party needs her to do?

By the way, that's not what YOU need her to do - that's what the Democratic party needs her to do.

Obviously, you have different goals than the Democratic party.

• 1 month ago

Everybody knows she was picked because she was a black female.  There was no other reason to pick her, she's not a good smart politician by any means.

• 1 month ago

Although she is an intelligent individual with much legal expertise, she was obviously picked over other candidates as the Democrat party was certain that a Black candidate would attract Black votes and being a female, would bring in female votes. That combination appears to have worked.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.  Liberals do love their identity politics.  

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

she is well qualified

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.