Can a person be progressive/social democrat, but agree with people on the right on zoning laws and over-regulation of the housing market. ?

I believe that zoning laws stifle economic growth in many poor communities. I also believe that laws that restrict what type of homes and apartment buildings you can build also make renting or owning a home too expensive for people because it drives prices up.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes you can agree with people on some issues and disagree with them on others.

This used to be common until we all started thinking that everyone that disagreed with us was evil.

• Expat
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No. They would be centrist Democrats, which is what Biden and Pelosi are if you pay attention to how they vote. 

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Thank God you aren't in politics.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You will have contractors over building for what the local infrastructure can support.  No thanks.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

deregulation of the housing market never brings down the prices of housing because landlords are parasitic scum

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A person can be whatever they want to be. I am an Independent because I do not agree with either party on everything. There is nothing wrong with thinking for yourself.

• 2 months ago

Glad you saw the light on that. Truth is that dem policies raise the price on many things that the poor need to buy. Their mantra of tax the rich is baloney. We all pay for their regulation (which doesnt hurt the rich)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.