Do you think that volunteering is a good idea while searching for a new job and how can I make it better? ?

Hello, I was a police officer for 7 years until they kicked me out due to an incident that occurred and my terrible day in court which did not go well AT ALL, that is a long story but if you read some of my previous questions, I am sure you would understand.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you about my recent plans. I recently started volunteering at an animal shelter and... believe it or not, I haven't made a lot of friends to be honest. Not because I am quiet or anything, it's just that the other people who work there are getting a little bit annoyed with my "fur coat" sale that I have set up in there.

You see, I think it's much better if the jacket or coat you are wearing is almost 100% natural so I thought to myself "duh Jeremy, why hasn't anyone else thought about this brilliant idea?" And I have multiple types of animals to choose from.

I have to be honest with you though, I haven't made a lot of money yet, but it is just my 2nd day after all. I am usually a little bit rusty at the beginning of every new job or anything that is new to me.

My question for today is, would you say that if I threw some Christmas lights around my "Fur Coat" sale sign, this would attract more customers? People for some reason just want to buy the damn animals and take them home.

*Sigh* Don't worry Jeremy! You will get there eventually and I am sure the beautiful people of Yahoo Answers will give me the best advice possible.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I blew up the manager.

• ?

I don't know if the lights will do the trick, and even if so, it would probably not last longer than the holidays. What you want is to leave a permanent impression on their minds. What I recommend is you soak a roll of gauze in liquid drain cleaner, and wrap it around your head. They'll never get that image out of their heads, and right their sales will go up and stay up. Trust me on this. 

A good story has to be believable.  Yours isn't.

In about 5 years, you will be old enough to be DENIED admission to the Police Academy.

• ?

It can help and would allow you to put more on your resume.

It would allow you to tell a prospective employer what you were doing during that period of time.

A very elaborate troll. You clearly put a a lot of effort into it, probably maxed out the character count even and had to edit it to get it down to 1,500 characters. I'd give you props for it except it just isn't really clever or funny. It's too bad that effort doesn't always pay off with effect. If A's were given out for effort, then you'd get an A for this trolling effort, but since I only give A's out for effect, for results, I'm going to have to give you an F. Sorry, not sorry for the F but sorry that it's just not funny. It just doesn't have that certain je ne sais quoi that is required for comedy to be comedy. Well, except for the last line. That did make me chuckle a bit. So what say we raise the grade from an F to D-, hmm?