Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Do women who initiate divorce and re-marry usually choose someone who earns more money than their ex-spouse?

@liz: I asked if they USUALLY do that...meaning ON AVERAGE...

@anonymous: My question doesn’t mean women have another man in mind when they file for divorce...I’m simply asking that, for those who eventually re-marry, do their second spouses happen to earn more money than they ex-spouse. You’re reading into it too much.

@liz it’s okay to acknowledge that some women are less than pure loving humans.

@liz There is no average person as in a prototype, but for any given metric (divorce, wealth of partners) there are trends.

• ?

Same reason men who initiate divorce usually remarry someone younger than the wife they just left. This type is always trying to improve their circumstances based on their own personal ideas of what that means. 

Women who initiate divorce just want a guy with a bigger penis

Listen to the lawyer's answer.  When women divorce it's rarely because they've lined someone else up.  It's because they've given up on trying to make the marriage work.  They won't marry again until they find someone they hope they can get along with for the long haul.  Because people on the whole marry someone similar to themselves the man will be most likely be in the same general income bracket.  

• ?

Usually                        

Only if she's a gold digger intent on finding a richer man. Most women enter a marriage with the intent of staying in because they're in love with the man they're marrying. But life and situations can change things and the marriage won't be working. As a divorce lawyer, I can tell you that in cases where there is no spousal infidelity on the wife's part, 99% of the time she's not even thinking about her "next husband" at that time. After she's moved on, a woman tends to look for a man who is her "type" and she falls for. Money may be a factor, but it's rarely the primary factor.

• lala

To answer your question ;;is NO they do not usually do that 

• ?

No they get ones that look like the ex 

Financial struggles are a primary cause of marital strife and divorce, so it would make sense that most women who leave a marriage would seek a new spouse who could alleviate some of that stress.

• liz

This may come as a surprise to some, but women are individuals and don’t have any master plan or programming that they operate on. Another question you should really be asking your mommy. 

On average ? And what is the average man like ? Do women initiate divorce because the “average”  man is usually unfaithful? Or could it be that men and women are individuals? 

@ OP, I am well aware some women are less than pure loving humans.  I’m also aware that there is no such thing as the average woman, average man or average marriage.  When you are older you may have noticed this. Ask your mother if she is the average woman or if her marriage is the average marriage.  She won’t be able to keep a straight face. 

@ OP.  ”trend”, lol.  Good luck finding an unbiased and well evidenced answer on the trend for the average woman ! Looking forward to reading the peer-reviewed trend studies. 

My wife's ex husband made more money than I do.