New Yorkers answer this only!!?

My sister’s birthday is coming up next month and I wanted to come spend the weekend with her at her home in Virginia, we both do not have COVID. (We would mainly be at her home for the weekend, but if we went somewhere then we would wear masks and social distance!) But on my way back to NY state, would I have to quarantine the 2 weeks? I know I would have if I left the country, but do I still have to after traveling a state or two over?

If you fly or travel by train, you will be required to quarantine by officials meeting your return.  Driving means you could theoretically be stopped at whichever bridge you re-enter New York and asked where you've been.  If just NJ you are clear, but Virginia would require quarantine & tests.  I'm sure you won't lie.

• MS

Yes, you will have to quarantine upon your return.  There is also a test option, which requires 2 negative COVID tests and a quarantine in between. 

• Eva

If there is a travel ban for that state issued by NY, then you have to quarantine when you come back.

A state away (or in other words, states that border NY) no. Otherwise yes, or you can get tested. You also have to fill out the form. Not sure how any of that could actually be enforced if you are driving, but those are the rules

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-...