Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Will my probation officer find out?

So iv been on probation for a year and in exactly 1 month I will be off BUT a few weeks ago I got myself into a situation where I ended up catching two misdemeanours criminal mischief and possession of alcohol. I haven’t heard anything from my probo officer and I’m hoping she doesn’t find out. If she does will she notify me? Will I be arrested? What are my chances of her not finding out?

If you are on probation, and you were actually arrested, your PO WAS informed and you WILL NOT be getting off probation UNLESS AND UNTIL the charges are resolved without a conviction.

Note: If YOU didn't inform your PO ASAP, that in and of itself is a violation of your probation.

As the others have said ...  the chances of your PO not finding out about the new offenses are about 0%.  They will find out, and have access to all of the police reports dash and body cam footage etc.

Will they violate your probation based on the new charges?  Only time will tell, you might wind up in jail, they could extend your probation, or they might do something else!

The Police are MANDATED to report to the Court if you violate probation.  Oh, yes, she'll notify you.  Arrest on a new warrant?  Probably.

• Neil

The chance of the probation officer not finding out is pretty dang small. 

Better call them. If you don't, you have a worse problem.

• ?

If you got arrested for these crimes that technically violates your terms of probation. But even if they violated you you're only going to spend a month in the jail because your probation is just about up. 

I would suggest that you hire a good lawyer and beat the charges! If you simply got a citation for them and have not been adjudicated guilty but only charged you haven't violated probation yet if you didn't get arrested.

But if they get a conviction on you then that is a violation of probation and they can put you back in jail for the remainder of your probation time and maybe even tack on some more time.

So get a good lawyer and fight the heck out of it

hi justin , i looked up your IP address and forwarded it to the local PO office . she knows now . 

• Scott

I’m sure your probation officer will find out about those new criminal charges.  Rather than speaking of “catching two misdemeanors,” you should speak of committing two crimes.