Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Every year, homosexuals and liberal supporters demand that "Fairytale of New York" be censored. Why should we care if it offends homosexuals?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Buzz
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Six out of seven dwarves are never happy. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

When you really try to think, how many British do you think really are sneaking around New York City in America to care. If the Americans aren't worried about British in their largest cities I don't know why we're making a thing of it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Isn't it amusing, despite the song being the most played Christmas song of the  21st century, BBC Radio Solent radio presenter Alex Dyke last year told his listeners he wouldn't be playing it because it was a "nasty, nasty song" and "an offensive pile of downmarket chav bilge". I wonder how many people used the DJ's surname to abuse him after his choice to 'play Judge'.

I don't know who the questioner means by 'we' - but I'm sure he would be first to make some comment if words by a rapper - or any old soul singer gets him steamed up. 

Why should I not sit down and THINK if I hear something like this - Not Chrissy-like, but just like questioner (and some answerers), seems some are easily offended - and frightened - nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmo3HFa2vjg

Youtube thumbnail

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It offends people who like to be offended for others. I’m sure 99% of gay people don’t care.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

As far as I know, only the BBC have 'censored' it, the song hasn't been banned at all.

Would the person that gave me a T/D explain why they think I'm wrong?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I haven't heard any demands for it to be censored for a very long time. BBC Radio 1 has voluntarily censored it this year because of its young audience but that's all.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not censored on channel 83, THE 80S CHANNEL, on Freeview so watch it there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No they don't. There has never been an uproar over a 30 year old Pogues song. Most people outside of a few major urban areas have never even heard it. 

• 2 months ago

because society deem them eqauality as they flushed their morality down the toilet

• 2 months ago

We don't have to....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.