bindi asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My mother keeps taking loans out in my name?

So it all started as I turned 18 I opened a letter and it was £250 loan that she never told me about that had amounted to 500 because it hadn’t been paid not one payment she has taken other loans in my name (4 more)and not paid them and hid the letters so when I’ve found them it has been not paid again she promised me she wouldn’t do it again bearing in mind she denied it and said she didn’t but I know it was her because it was linked to her email address. Anyway this has been paid off all the debts have been cleared due to me setting up a payment plan and taking it out of the money I pay her to live there .. she has done it again and denying it she has every intention to pay it back she says but yet again I had to find out for myself due to having a feeling to read her emails. When I confronted her she lied and said it was a present for me but when I looked it was a tumble dryer She said she is going to keep up to date with the payments but I am truly at my last straw, I don’t know what to say or do because she denies it and then when she finally admits it I ask her why after screaming at her and all she can say is don’t know. It’s not like I would phone the police on her so that’s out of the question but how can I stop it


And to add to it my credit score is really really bad it’s not like I could even move out because everything is subject to a credit check and I have no guarantors 

5 Answers

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    turn her in for doing that

  • T J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Time to report her for identity theft. You are not responsible for these loans and you need the police report to get this off your back. Call all credit report agency's and have your account frozen. Then no credit will be given once frozen. Only you can unfreeze them. Tell them of unauthorized  use of your account.

  • 2 months ago

    Surely in your country you have what is called CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES?

    Write a formal letter to them identifying yourself and outlining the problem. 

    Also, call the police on your mother and have her arrested.

  • 2 months ago

    If you want to stop it, you need to file a police report and get some help from the social security agency, you may need to be issued a new social security number. I know she's your mom, but what she's doing is illegal and could ruin you financially if you continue to let it happen. My cousin has had so many issues because her mom stole her identity when she was just a child for loans and whatnot. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Change your social security number. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.