Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 2 months ago

How long will my laptop keep working by being plugged only ( battery dead)? Will I lose my info?

My Hp laptop is 3 years and 5 months old. Since January I need to use it plugged because the battery lasts for 10 mins and it has a battery alert at startup. I am afraid that anytime I may not be able to access it and lose my information. Can this happen?  It is 12GB ram, is that why the battery didnt last long? I only use it for bowsing many tbs at the same time, while doing office work and using zoom. I only use it at home so it is no problem to keep it plugged all day. Thanks

Data on the hard drive is not dependent on battery life, but batteries aren't that expensive and buying one would give extra life to the laptop. I do suggest backing up key data to a thumb drive, though.