Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why do guys lead women on & make the women interested, but the guys are “claiming” to have only wanted friendship ?

What kind of a guy talks to a “female friend” for 3 hours on the phone 

Hmmm. Perhaps he has been hurt by a woman in the past. Perhaps he's  been led-on and dumped in the past and now that his socialization skills have inproved and he knows how to woo a woman, he's  reflexively doing the same without  realizing.

Next you speak, ask him about his past relationships or if he's  ever been really hurt.

The unfortunate thing about being heartbroken is ...you can never really "get back" at the person all you do is hurt yourself and hurt others.

If the guy is talking to you on the phone for 3 hours, I'd guess he's interested in you and is a little too shy to come on strong. Perhaps if you dropped a hint to him?

• Dee

It’s egotism, plain and simple. He may be currently involved with someone else but testing the “waters” so to speak, of what else or who else is out there he can choose from if he he wants to. Most guys pretending they’re just looking for “friendship” with females usually have a more serious relationship going on and they’re not interested in anyone in particular, except their current girlfriend and their own fragile, self serving ego. So, that said, I suggest you make every one of your future prospects earn your trust before you decide to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sorry if this just happened to you, we’ve all been there. Good luck 

It's usually that they wanted only sex but had to resort to the suggestion of a platonic relationship when the woman indicated that she'd like to date them for real (and not just roll around with them). 

no one does this

this is just a gross generalization. be it men or women, both genders have all kinds of people.

I have several friends who are girls.  I talk with them over the phone; some for long periods.  Do you really think all guys want from a female is to bed her?  That's not true.  That's the kind of garbage feminists would post to build up their memberships and contributions.

BTW:  I have a one-hour ear.  Any time over that, and I hang up because my ear begins to get sore.

What kind of a guy talks to a “female friend” for 3 hours on the phone?

A gay one.

What's the conversation about? I mean, my male friend and I can easily talk for a few hours without anyone leading anyone on. That's what friends do on occasion.

If a guy says he only wants friendship, then take his word for it, regardless of whether he might want more or not. Treat him like a friend, don't flirt, don't start kissing and boinking him. Keep the boundaries in place, because some guys will try to weasel into a casual sexual relationship that way, even knowing that you want more.

🥴 He's unaware he's desperate and a womanizer. 

Sounds like a Scorp. In fact, he is a Scorp. 😄 Only Scorpios or Leos do this. Extremely high sex drives.