Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

How did Trump manage to get 74 million votes, being the worst president in history?

136 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Most historians say that a President has to be out of office for 20 years before you get an accurate evaluation as to the quality of their Presidency. I also seem to remember about being able to fool all of the people some of the time. Frankly, I think Trump's Presidency will be a low mark even before them, but give it time. 

I am old enough to remember it being almost an article of faith that Herbert Hoover caused the Great Depression. With the passage of time, we have learned that he wasn't the cause as there were many factors internal to the US and globally which caused it (he certainly could have done more to address it which might have saved his Presidency). 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He didn't.  There was massive election fraud in red states.  That's how Trump "won" in Florida, Texas and Montana. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He’s a right wing racist bigot in a country full of right wing racist bigots. People like that will always do well there. 

• 1 month ago

He got a lot more than that by being the BEST president in history ❤️🇱🇷

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

because a lot of people in this country are idiots

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Apparently 74 million people disagree with your OPINION.  Opinions are like rectums:  everyone has one, some people are and they all stink, except mine.  By the way, sparky, your OPINION is wrong.  A President will need to be pretty bad to be worse than FORMER chairman obama.  I don't put it past "hands" biden, though.

• 2 months ago

He wasn't as bad as past presidents. Pretty terrible ego but I would take him over Biden. It's very sad that this is the election. I am an independent when it comes to politics but I like Trump better anyway.

• BOOM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stupid is as stupid does

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Hyperpartisanism- 

Today people tend to view democrats republicans as the “opposite party” if you are in one or the other.

To most it is socially unthinkable to admittedly vote for another party candidate. 

It is yet another example why the elections need to be more supportive and inclusive of third parties to the part they should not even be third parties they should be simply parties. The problem is that just about the only thing the dems and republicans do jointly these days is keep any other competition out.

Despite the fact that many of the swing states votes could have gone another way and been swung by libertarian votes (mostly) and to a lesser extent the Green Party votes.

This highlights two problems that the gop and dems face:

1. Enough people, even in such a hotly contested election are flat out so sick of the directions the gop and dems are going in to the point that a dem or gop supporter is now supporting another party. (Almost all of Jorgensons campaign personnel were made up not of regular libertarian party members but of gop and dem members sick of their own party’s direction). 

2. Similar to #1 creating a two horse horse race is bad for democracy and bad for the parties themselves because voters become so enmeshed in a “party in name” identity they don’t vote for an actual candidate that they might support from another party so this leaves general elections decided by a handful of voters or “swing” voters. 

We need to change the restrictions on debates so other third party candidates can be heard. Maybe have a. “Final round” where it’s only the two candidates with the highest polling numbers and the vp debate should be that way.  But other parties have almost no chance to be heard or even considered because they are blocked by a bi partisan effort of the dems and gop to kee them out.

• 2 months ago

excuse my ,laughing,but if you think trump was bad//he was filling stadiums with supporters,,sleepy joe could'nt fill a matchbox.you have now given your country to blm,antifa,and harris,and pelosi,oohh not forgetting aoc....well// god be with you,you will need him

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.