Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Is it true that only .0789% of the population of the USA has died to the covid-19 virus?

The population of the United States is 328 million the amount of covid related deaths is 255k. Now Steve, you have to recompute.

Jimbo, I already had the Virus and I kicked its butt in two days. Sorry

I doubt it’s as many as that

So far, 13.7 million Americans have been diagnosed with the disease, that represents 4.15% of the population.

272 thousand have died from it; that is 0.082%.

So, your numbers are 4% off, while having the right order magnitude.

But the issue at hand is that the progression of the disease is exponential. 8 months ago, the number of death was ZERO.

And the number of people who have not gotten it yet is about 25 times larger than those who had it; potential for growth, and more victims, exists for 1 to 2% population death, and that is overlooking the possibility that people who have it and recover, catch it a second time, as this have been shown to occur (and in such instances, the second infection could be more severe).

Beyond the 1 to 2% death possibility of first time infections if the pandemic was left unchecked, there is the secondary impact of people with severe cases clogging up the healthcare system, that would prevent people with other infections or life threatening injuries from getting treatment. In such instance, there would be many people dying not having had the covid, but being collateral victims.

Further, there remains the fact that each time someone gets it, that provides the virus with one new chance of mutation. Clearly, that virus was not around 5 years ago, so it has to be the result of a mutation that made it different and lethal. Add more mutations, and one could be extremely deadly, twice as infectious, and what not.

Over 250,000 dead so far, and more dying by the second. Don`t worry, you WILL catch it, probably more than once, too. Maybe YOU will die. Here`s hoping!

I've no idea, bcuz that's statistically irrelevant. For instance, only 0.000115% of the US population dies in MVAs each year... Does that mean we shouldn't worry about traffic accidents being dangerous?

• Jim2

Well, 260 THOUSAND have died. So when I multiply .000789 by  330 million ( approx. pop. of usa) I get 260,370. So yes, assuming I did my math right.  But I would not want to be one of those 260 thousand, would you??? Also, would you want to have your health wrecked for life, as has also happened to some? Not to mention, would you even want to be sick and miserable? So it is a very good idea to stay safe.

• ?

I doubt it. Without googling it, I think about 3% of the US population has tested positive for COVID-19. And out of them, I think about 1 to 2% die.

Expect deflection and fake data from Liberals.