Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Just read the description and DONT be rude?

I'm 13 years old, and I still don't really understand "egos". My friend said my ego is getting bigger.

What does that mean? What is a ego anyway? (Do not cnp from the internet..) I tried using the internet already, but I don't understand still so I think I need to get help from a fellow person. 

Oh. Ok sorry sir I didn't know that what I said was demanding and rude. Sorry. 

P.L It's hard to be nice when people like you are around. Ma'am, I already told you that I didn't know it sounded so rude. I said sorry.

you're getting overly confident i guess. it's not a bad thing. don't let someone bring you down. this could hinder your confidence when you get older if you suppress now just because some friend (who you likely won't be friends with once you graduate school) told you to.

• ?

There are many different ways to define ego, but if your friend says your ego is getting bigger, maybe the friend means you're self-seeking/self-absorbed.  This isn't unusual for teens, it's a phase of life.  Sooner or later we realize we aren't the only person on earth with feelings or needs and that other people are the same

• ?

Ego is the inner self.   A big ego is one that is all about me, my, mine with little thought for others 

By age 13 you should have sufficient education to know that.

But.....many 13 year olds go through that stage......you will, hopefully, grow out of it

I don't know, kid, but my ex-girlfriend once told me my problem was that I had no ego, just id.

• ?

If you were shy, self doubting etc before you are improving, becoming more outgoing, confident in your decision wants and needs. Basically an ego is how you feel about yourself and the bigger the ego the more you like yourself. Most politicians have HUGE egos - nothing they do or say is ever wrong (in their eyes).

• ?

According to Freud, "The ego is 'that part of the id which has been modified by the direct influence of the external world." It's the decision making part of the personality but in layman's speak usually means one's sense of self esteem. Your friend may mean you seem more confident. Or could also mean that you're becoming conceited. 

Go out and play with your friends 

Clean your room 

Listen to your parents 

your friend probably doesn't know either.

but he could mean you are focused on your own needs and desires with little regard for others.

don't get upset about it, most teens are like that then grow out of it.

Learn how to express yourself better.  You're talking to adults, meaning it's incredibly rude for you to demand we not be rude.  Why would that even occur to you?  Also, "do not cnp from the internet" is another demand.  All I have to say is it sounds like your friend is right.  It means you think the world revolves around you.  It doesn't.

Why don't you ask your friend what they mean?   They are the only one who can give you specific examples as to why they think what they think.