Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

is it wrong to flirt with other people if you're in a relationship?

It depends. If you flirt with a person, your bf or gf already suspect that you're bound to cheat on them with (If your bf or gf is the jealous type). But if not, then you don't have to worry about your bf or gf creating a dilemma with anyone.

My first affair was with a very close family friend who was a little flirty with me at times. I honestly think that in the beginning, it was playful friendly flirting although as I flirted back with her in a jokingly sort of way, it gradually turned into almost a serious type of flirting. One day, still somewhat jokingly, I told her anytime she wanted to get together I was ready and she informed me she was ready. The affair lasted over 2 years.

Yeah flirting is a big no no but it also comes down to each persons perception. Everyone has their own interpretation of flirting, some people take kindness as flirting etc. 

Depends on what your relationship is like... I think a majority of people don’t like their partners flirting with anyone else unless they have had a conversation about being in an open relationship 

No.  but to do anything with that person would be a big time no no.

• ?

There is no easy answer for that

That depends on how flirting with other people is perceived within the relationship. Some couples are fine with it, some are not. My husband and I never flirt with other people. It's not okay in our relationship. One of my friends, on the other hand, is in a marriage where it's okay to flirt with strangers as long as no physical contact is involved.

The most important thing is that both parties in the relationship is on the same page. I personally don't think I could be in a relationship where my partner flirted with other women.

if it's mutual, no it isn't wrong. 

• ?

It's just flirting and many people do this.  It's not harmful, but it's not something a person ought to do when they are with their partner.  

Wrong according to who? If it bothers your partner, then it's wrong TO THEM. If it doesn't, then it's not. Pretty straightforward, right?