Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

My Boyfriend Drives Too Fast & Thinks He’s In Fast & Furious. I’ve Paid For Over 1,000 In “Damages” In A Year To His Car?

In ONE single year he has gotten many tickets, has had a few minor accidents and this is my 7th time buying him new tires. I’m scared my boyfriend is going to lose his life over his negligence. He is always getting break checked because he rides peoples butts, he always is doing unneccsary and dangerous moves betwwen lanes. He gets upset if I tell him to slow down and that I just need to be a “ passenger “ or it’s “ Don’t ride with me “. If we are always getting honked at don’t you think at some point YOU are the problem on the road? He doesn’t take accountability. We got into a a minor accident and he got super upset with me because I already had told him to slow down a few mins before that and he was angry so he hit a car just barely but he did hit it and tried to blame it on the other person for going “ too slow “. Todays he called to tell me he got a flat on his way to work. It seems like everytime this happens he isn’t paid yet/broke. Although, yes he pays me back it’s annoying. How do I get him to slow down? I’m tired of being a naggy b*tch to him but he doesn’t seem to see the issue in his actions as a driver. Like why are you going over 100MPH for NO reason?!?! I tried to scare him by sending him videos of crashes and he just got upset because he says “ Its like you want me to die in a car wreck “. This is nothing to break up over, I love him with all my heart, but I don’t know what to do. As I am about to tell him I am pregnant soon...

• zipper

It sounds like it is time to fine a more sensable BF, one that respects your life!  And why are you paying for the damage he is doing to his car? That is down right stupid, he does the damage he should pay to fix it not "U"!

First, stop paying for his stupidity. I understand he pays you back for it but if he is short on money when it happens, that’s going to really teach him the consequences of his actions. He will eventually have no choice but to get his sh!t together.

Secondly, if he is going to be a father he needs to start taking responsibility. While your pregnant it’s extremely unsafe for him to be driving wrecklessly if you’re in the car. When you have the baby, it will be just as unsafe , if not, more! Ask him if he’s ok with his future son/ daughter being raised by a single mum... that’s what is going to happen if he can’t drive responsibly 

Stop paying for his problems and start taking care of you and your baby to be.  It sounds like he is very immature and hasn't learned his lesson.  This is something he will have to learn on his own.  You nor anyone else is going to be able to tell him it.  And I definitely wouldn't ride with him.  My life is too precious   

Stop paying his bills and maybe he'll start behaving like a grownup. 

As much as you love him, this certainly a reason to consider breaking up with him. The alternative could come a year or so from now when you're killed while in an accident caused by his poor driving habits.

Well, stop enabling him!   Fix your own vehicle, moron- you're the one that damaged it.

• n2mama

1. Stop paying for his stupidity. If he always pays you back, then he can just wait until he gets the money to pay for his car repairs.

2. Stop riding with him. Period. He isn’t going to change, no matter how much you nag him, and if he gets in a bad accident you as a passenger could end up just as badly injured or killed due to his negligence.

3. Refuse to let your baby ride with him ever. Period. See #2

4. Seriously reconsider this relationship and this man as father material. If you’re already pregnant, well, not much you can do about that now, but this irresponsibility will carry over into other aspects of his life, including fatherhood.

honestly,   all you can do is pray for a cop to finally take his license away.   people like him shouldnt be allowed on the road. driving a car is not just money, its life or death.

you can never truly change a person.

Why are you paying for his tickets and accidents? You're not his mother, are you?

• Sandy

you need to leave him so he can see you're serious. and he needs to take a course of anger management classes.