My mom left the electric stove on with a pot and fell asleep...?

The pot was cooking on low for 2 hrs unattended and I'm not sure at what point it started burning. When we woke up there was a little bit of smoke in the kitchen but not like a cloud enough to where its really visible or to set off the smoke detector in the bathroom or out side our apartment in the hallway.

I was sleeping in the living room. I feel fine my question is can that amount of smoke harm me or am I ok?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • GF
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    All metal smoke is toxic. I've seen metal cookware that has melted because someone fell asleep. 

    I wouldn't worry about your situation because it wasn't a very long exposure or a high volume of toxins 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Let the metal smell out by opening windows. 

    Don't let mom play with the stove.

  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    you   are OK  ',,,,,,,

  • 2 months ago

    No and lots of people let things simmer for hours to make some dishes.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    Open the window and forget about it.  It's not a problem.

  • 2 months ago

    Were you cooking lead?   Might have done a little harm but nothing you can do about it now.

  • G
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, and May Complicate Pregnancy.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Let's assume that your mom wasn't cooking toxic chemicals - but probably some edible organic:  a little bit of smoke from that won't harm you . . . bigger danger of damaging the pot, the stove or surrounding kitchen fittings from prolonged heat.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You will be ok, open a window if you want.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.