auto insurance damage quote?

My 2016 impala was hit while parked. I owe nothing on the car. Insurance damage quote was $800 less then auto body shop. Do i get to pick which quote i want. ...

I fixed the damage myself I just cant paint it...

ty  

I fixed my car myself I just need to take it in to have some one paint it im not good at painting. 

Also my car has a clear title. Just so you all know i didn't even contact my ins company, The person that hit my car he took claim and his ins contacted  me i had to take pictures of the damage and sent the pics to his ins. so i didn't have a deductible. No police was called .....

The insurance adjuster based the estimate on his expertise, education, experience.  If HE/SHE believes a shop can do the work for a certain amount, then take it to that shop and get the damage repaired for that dollar amount less the deductible.  Your company then moves against the other company for the full amount and refers your deductible to you.  Or aren't I understanding the question?

.

My car got sideswiped.  The adjuster gave me the name of the shop and the dollar amount for the repair.  My policy called for original parts, not knock offs.  Had the work done and then discovered that the air shocks had been ruptured. The company agreed the damage was the result of the accident and authorized a second repair.  I paid one deductible - for the first repair - which I got back after the my company filed against the other company for the full amount of both repairs.

The insurance company only pays what their quote was, minus the deductible.  You can use somewhere more expensive, but you have to pay the difference in price, plus your deductible.

You go by YOUR AUTO INSURANCE & they will tell you what to do.  You get 3 estimates in writing from 3 different body shops and present them to your insurance company.  They see the figures and tell you which shop to go to.

Don't worry. Your insurance is going to collect the money from the other driver's insurance company as NONE of this will affect your rates.

This is how it works.

You can try.  Find out where the difference is and, if the adjuster is wrong, point it out.

• ?

You get to pick the (quote) body shop you want but if your body shop charges more than the insurance company estimate, YOU will have to pay the difference.