Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

im fat and I want to lose weight. If I go on a 30 day fast. will I lose weight ?

Best resistance bands for workouts https://weightgainfitness.com/

I blossomed to 230 pounds for a short time once. I looked at myself in the mirror one day and I said WTF. I stopped eating for two weeks and dropped down to 179. Never passed 185 since. Fasting can be good for you if you’re careful. 

• ?

You'll lose mostly water/fluid weight and then, as soon as you start eating again, you'll gain it all back. 

It's a lot more sensible to change your eating lifestyle all together (for life), lose the weight and keep it off by eating healthy.  Lots of information on fasting if you go to YouTube

• ?

To answer your question-

Yes you will lose weight, your body needs to consume 2500 calories per day, so if you consume 0 and burn off say 300-500, you will wind up losing a significant amount of weight by not eating. 

However, you will only gain all the weight back and more due to going a month without eating! Your body sets a tolerance for # of calories, so if you train your body to eat 0, once you go back to eating 2500, you will gain a good 20-30 pounds after the fact.

You want to lose weight? Several ways to do it 

- Cut out un-necessary sugars

- Booze limit

- Go to the gym 3-4 times a week

- Balance your diet with fruits/vegetables

• Audrey

If you go on a 30 day fast, you will end up in the hospital.

Yes, but fasting is way more difficult than just watching your calorie intake so I really don't get the point. And it makes you much more likely to go back to old habits or develop eating disorders. Plus all the side effects.

Why not do it in a healthy way and become healthy doing it?