Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Why does England hate Germany ?

• Tina

England (Britain?) does not hate Germany. What makes you think she does?

And Steven, you say: "As the British royals were also vulnerable to becoming a target of the revolutions, they would hardly be best friends with the Germans"

Oh dear. History is so not your thing. "The British Royals" *are* a German family. They only changed their name from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor in 1917.

Kaiser Wilhelm I who ruled Germany during WW1 was Queen Victoria's grandson. George V was his first cousin - come to that so was Tsar Nicholas II and his wife Alexandra - Prince Michael of Kent has an eery resemblance to Nicholas - they could be twins.

All but one of the reigning families of Europe even now are descendants of Queen Victoria

We don't I was Bombed for 5 years during WW2 Posted to Germany after WW2 and Loved Germany and Most of the Germans My age especially My Girlfriends

Only Had Problems with Older Germans who still believed they were the Master Race and supermen they Hated me telling them to sweep the snow off the Runway at RAF Jever and Sylt

• ?

EU rule

Millions of rapefugees have arrived from Germany to UK now

• F

It’s not so much hate as a rivalry that is mostly confined to football. Although we are exactly equal over all matches ( 10 each , 3 draws), we claim superiority due to the world cup final win.

There is also some resentment about how they seem to be grabbing control of Europe through the EU, which is one reason for Brexit.

only in sport.......we also hated Germany in war time  ..but war ended 1945  so we have moved on and forgiven them 

Who told you the English hate the Germans???

I'm English, and I don't hate Germany or it's inhabitants. In fact I am a huge fan of some of their bands. (Rammstein, Die Krupps)

• ?

I didn't know that. Since you're the authority, explain how you know.

Some English people (those who hate or dislike Germany) are backward (just judging Germans from WW1 and WW2, which finished over 70 years ago and who mostly have died) and others are plainly jealous.

@Generic Account #3322163207: Germany might have started the war against Poland, but the UK started the war against Germany and bombed first and also destroyed more. What you have written actually gives reasons and excuses to Germans hating the English.

England doesn't hate Germany now. This point is widely used by the Russian political propaganda to discredit EU policy. England and Germany fought on different sides of the war, but this was In the 1940s. 

What the British empire did in 200 years is worse than what Germany did in WW2.