Can online university classes be done on one day a week?  What computer name would you suggest?

• John

The answer would be no.  Even if you could arrange all of your classes for 1 day, in college most work is done outside the classroom.  You would have to spend other days of the week studying, reading, and doing assignments.

Most of my professors suggested 3-4 hours on a single class for reading per week; separate of assignments or testing schedules they set up. So id say no to your question. And teaching times usually have a 2-4 day increment week and subjects can lead into the next week(s)

If you are asking if you can do all the week's work for one class on one day, you might be able to, but I wouldn't recommend that. I ask my students to read the assigned readings early in the week, and let their. brains process the information. Then on a later day, take the quiz to see if they got the main points from the course materials, then participate on the discussion boards, and finally submit their written assignment on the date due. This would vary depending on the nature of the class. But your brain will learn more if you spread out you work for the class. 

I have no idea what you mean by "what computer name". Do you mean the type of computer you should buy? 

One day per class? Or one day for an entire full-time course-load?

If the former, maybe. If the latter, no!

I'm taking six credits this semester (a three-credit class, its one-credit lab, and two one-credit classes). I have to read assignments, watch lectures, write short essays, do projects, answer homework question, do study activities, participate in class discussions, and take quizzes. Not *all* of them *every* week for *every* class: some are just reading, lectures, homework questions, and a quiz every week. But there's no way I could complete it all in one 24 hour period (especially if I expected to sleep). 

And that's just six credits, barely half of a full-time schedule. 

Even if you're only taking one class, you might not be able to do  it all in one day. A class might have one assignment due on Wednesday, for example, but the quiz isn't available until Friday.  Just because it's on-line doesn't necessarily mean it's all at your own pace. 

one day a week isn't near enough time....

• fcas80

Do you mean, can you cram all your reading, studying, homework, etc. into a single day?  How many hours a week do you spend doing these things in a conventional class?  That should help answer your question.