If you don't believe in Jesus Christ do you still celebrate Christmas? If so why?

I am Christian I am just asking

Christmas was originally a pagan winter festival until it was adopted by Christians who turned it into a celebration of the birth of Jesus, even though there is no relationship between December 25 and Jesus' supposed birth date. I celebrate it as neither of those however. I celebrate it as one more time to get together with family, have a wonderful meal, enjoy winter-focused food and treats, and maybe exchange gifts. It's fun. That's why.

As a Catholic, I celebrate Jesus' Birthday, yes that day was celebrated by pagans before his birth, but he was still born on Christmas night! Plus spending time with family and friends, is another reason!

Source(s): Roman Catholic

Why not? It's a good time of year for a party!

• david

I like the music and the great sales, the decorations and ornaments are rex, and it's a great excuse to throw a party and get your rocks off with some honey who'll keep you warm all winter long. Why do you celebrate xmas?

• Jorge

I do not celebrate Christmas I believe in Jesus and I am not Christian, I do not believe in Christians.

I don't so much celebrate Сhristmas, as celebrate at Сhristmas time, as people have celebrated around that time since long before Jesus.

It was first a Pagan holiday. The Winter Solstice. The holiday was stolen by Christians.....So you now know why.

• Rjgmh

Because Christmas has been hijacked by the world. I have heard people say "we have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas, being together with familie and friends and having a good time." that is what the world thinks of Christmas. But do not forget that Easter is even more important than Christmas. Because there Jesus gave His life for us.

I don't celebrate Xmas, but usually have a couple friends or relatives over or I go to a friend or relative's house to enjoy what is the start of winter, and never think about religion. Jesus had no birthday, so the church stole a day of the winter  Solstice and called it Jesus' birthday.  They could have been more respectful and honest and used another day; better yet they should have been honest and not made up that Jesus story in the first place. Then there are believers who claim Jesus was circumcised; one person stated "Jesus is circumcised". Why TF would a god be circumcised.  LOL!

It's that obvious?  Non Christians celebrate the day because it's FUN -- an opportunity to enjoy family, friends, and a good meal.

Source(s): a Christian