what do you do when you feel emptiness?

i'm just sat here right now in front of the computer, in my flat and i feel a strange sense of loneliness and emptiness which is a horrible feeling....i feel abandoned too.

i'm a male in my early 40s who has had to cope with a severe personality disorder through my adulthood and as such i have failed to find any relationships, never had a female partner....all i have are my elderly parents for support, and they live very far from me....they are divorced and live far apart.......so, other than my elderly mum & dad, i have no one......and now i'm here feeling this emptiness..

where does it come from this emptiness? and how can i bear it and live with it? will i ever find a female partner?.......life is doubly hard in this lockdown, at least next week when the lockdown is lifted i can start back at the gymnasium to do swimming....but i still live with that emptiness....probably will always do until i find a partner.

any thoughts on this matter?

• ?

First improve your confidence, take up hobbies, volunteer, fix some things about yourself women find weird and then you can try online dating. 

Yes, get into therapy. You are posting and re-posting this and similar questions, all seeking some sort of consolation for your unhappiness. You are a good candidate for counseling, go get some and good luck. You have given yourself a psychological diagnosis, whether it has come from you or from previous therapy is unknown;   but it suggests that you have been a long time student of your own problems and perhaps a longer term recipient of previous therapy.  Your posting suggests that your issues are not resolved, however, and so back you should go. Good luck,

Get a pet like a dog.  Some female partners are CRAZY. and only cost you all the money you earn go to them...and you get nothing back except accusations of RAPE, pillage and murder. (sorry, got off on a Viking rant).  You NEVER NEEDED A GYM.  You just need the motivation to JUST DO IT.  You can do many exercises without equipment. in your own home.  No you can't swim, (but I know all you want to do is pee in the pool.)   Get a hobby or decide on one and just try it.  Get off the damm computer.  For some reason this is not listed under MENTAL DISORDERS.  Strange.

You have posted this 150+ times.  I don't know what you are hoping to accomplish.  You ignore ALL advice and then return an hour later and repost the question.

.

I'd suggest more frequent trips to your mental health counselor.  You want to live closer to your mom and dad?  Then move closer to your mom and dad.

.

"Where does it come from this emptiness"?  What is "it"?  You bear with "it" and deal with "it" because you apparently have no other choices.  If your life has been a failure and you are in your early 40's, no, you are NOT going to find a female partner.  That would involve leaving your house on occasion, something you say you cannot or do not do.  You are on Yahoo all the time.  Spend some of that time on dating sites or chat sites.

.

The majority of us are in lockdown.  The majority of us know that only YOU and change YOUR life.  Posting this over and over is not changing your life.

.

Do something positive and in line with the future you are seeking.