Tim asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Can one tooth be replaced?

I lost a bottom left tooth that needed pulled out. My dentist didn't recommend replacing it. I know some people get false teeth. By losing only one tooth is my only choice but to live with it and not replace it?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am over 80 and I have a tooth that has to be removed because of a Failed Root Canal so i will get an Implant

• 2 months ago

Yes...   I need two done soon...

• 2 months ago

Of course you can get one tooth replaced. Plenty of people have partial dentures, or implants.  If your dentist didn't want to do it, go to an orthodontist--some dentists don't do such cosmetic work and would refer you to one anyway. You can go to one any time and you don't have to ask for a referral. 

• 2 months ago

implants yes....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can get an implant or a single denture.

However, without knowing which tooth was pulled, there is no way to know why your doctor didn't suggest a replacement.  If it's your 2nd or 3rd molar, it would rarely be replaced.

• 2 months ago

Although it is not necessary, you can replace it.

• 2 months ago

You can replace it. It's costly, but readily done.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes I have a single false tooth that clips to the ones next to it 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

of course you can get one implant

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, one tooth can be replaced with a bridge or implant.

Whether or not a replacement is needed depends on where in your mouth the tooth was. If it was between 2 other teeth, they might start to shift into the empty space, causing a whole new set of problems. Issues that might occur down the road need to be discussed with your dentist. 

Source(s): Dental (orthodontic) assistant with over 35 years of experience.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.