Tim asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Can one tooth be replaced?

I lost a bottom left tooth that needed pulled out. My dentist didn't recommend replacing it. I know some people get false teeth. By losing only one tooth is my only choice but to live with it and not replace it?

I am over 80 and I have a tooth that has to be removed because of a Failed Root Canal so i will get an Implant

Yes...   I need two done soon...

Of course you can get one tooth replaced. Plenty of people have partial dentures, or implants.  If your dentist didn't want to do it, go to an orthodontist--some dentists don't do such cosmetic work and would refer you to one anyway. You can go to one any time and you don't have to ask for a referral. 

implants yes....

You can get an implant or a single denture.

However, without knowing which tooth was pulled, there is no way to know why your doctor didn't suggest a replacement.  If it's your 2nd or 3rd molar, it would rarely be replaced.

Although it is not necessary, you can replace it.

You can replace it. It's costly, but readily done.

• ?

Yes I have a single false tooth that clips to the ones next to it 

• kelvin

of course you can get one implant

• Sandy

Yes, one tooth can be replaced with a bridge or implant.

Whether or not a replacement is needed depends on where in your mouth the tooth was. If it was between 2 other teeth, they might start to shift into the empty space, causing a whole new set of problems. Issues that might occur down the road need to be discussed with your dentist. 

Source(s): Dental (orthodontic) assistant with over 35 years of experience.