Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

What race should I go by?

I am mixed with sub Saharan African 79%, European 18%, southern south Asian & southern Indian and Sri Lankan 80%, Chinese and southeast Asian 60%, Filipino and austronesian 40%,

Indonesian, Thai, Khmer, Myanmar, & Native American 20%, Western Asia & North African 20%

These are my dna results from accurate source 23andme. Should I still consider going by “black” because I go by “other” or “two or more races.” I am mixed-black.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why do you need a "race"? You are a member of the human race, like every other human being.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i would  say  i was mulatto if i were  you

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your racial break down when added up surpasses I00% zxjqk

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• 2 months ago

Call yourself "mixed" heritage (two or more races). If anyone wants more details, then tell them it's complicated and give them the elevator speech version with the largest elements: Black, Asian and European. If it turns out you are 2% Swedish, that's so far down the list as to be irrelevant. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you live in the US you should choose the most "oppressed" one and use that for all your employment and university applications. 

• 2 months ago

You are Other - Blasian.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Homo Sapiens Sapiens

the congoid/mongoloid/caucasoid thing was proven bollocks some 70 years ago.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Count three words in you're question. You said mixed yourself.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't trust those supposed DNA results. Ask owners of dogs what results they get back and they often laugh about it. Their purebred corgi may come back with nonsense like part great dane / part poodle. How do we know the human DNA lab tests are any more accurate?  In a crime lab they have to be accurate, but when an individual is paying, what sort of oversight is the lab subject to? 

They could basically tell you anything.

Just add up all those percentages and what does it equate to?

My math says 317%, which sounds a little surprising. Shouldn't it add up to 100% or 90% + a little unknown?  I'd say your DNA test is nothing but a crock. 

Ask for your money back.

• 2 months ago

You incorrectly posted this question under personal finance.  Repost it where it belongs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.