Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

Is it too close to Christmas to do DIY around the house?

Nope. Just proceed according to your mood and time.

I open beer by myself, and Rye and mix and make a drink (shaken, not stirred)if I want it bad enough. Even ON Xmas day it is just Dec 25, the next day will be Dec.26 and a farmer has to plant when the planting is good.  Plenty of bad weather days to not work in the fields or feed livestock during "Saturnalia" as it is a Pagan holiday after all.  Always has been.

There is NO SUCH THING. Then again, trolls such as your Red/Green self can't DIY any time of year.

I wouldn't rip my kitchen out now but there's plenty of things that can still be done.

of course not ... I will do DIY right up to Dec 23rd or so

Not really. I am remodelling my kitchen at the moment. Taking advantage of having the time.  No way will it be ready in time, but this year is going to be strange anyway.

It would all depend on the project. If you are planning on gutting your house then maybe you might want to hold off until later, but if it is small, and something you can work steady on, then go for it. Christmas is only one day.