What if I bid for the oil rights in the Arctic and said that I have what I need to do it but actually don't and never wanted to drill there?

I mean would this save Wildlife, fight Climate Change by stopping Donald Trump's admin from letting actual oil companies pollute there if I won the rights?

You could bid on a government contract, but unless you were actually in the oil business, your bid would be ignored. You couldn't meet the terms of the contract you'd be bidding on.

• ?

Unless you know the right people and have greased the right palms you'll never get that contract anyway. You have to play the game the way major donors do to even have a shot at such things. 

If you don't drill, the rights revert back to the govt. to sell again.

You want to buy water?  Now there's a brilliant idea.

sounds like another one of your brilliant plans to take over the world, is pinky going to help you?

Mineral leases typically require investment to keep.  You can't just grab them and sit on them.  You have to invest in exploration and development or otherwise show intent.  The government viewpoint is that the resource is a potential cash cow for them.  When you dig or extract, the government makes money.  They don't make money if you do not extract.  the 1.5 dollar rent per acre or whatever minuscule rental payment is required, is not a source of revenue.

• Pete

The USA doesn't own the Arctic. There are about 8 countries who have claims to parts of the Arctic.

• Kieth

You don't have the money, they will know that you don't have the resources, and everyone will know that you are a liar.

• ?

there is coal under your feet and yet you are living to be 80...

Bid with what? You have no money, you don't even own any property.

People like you shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

That's how we get morons like AOC.