What if I bid for the oil rights in the Arctic and said that I have what I need to do it but actually don't and never wanted to drill there?

I mean would this save Wildlife, fight Climate Change by stopping Donald Trump's admin from letting actual oil companies pollute there if I won the rights?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You could bid on a government contract, but unless you were actually in the oil business, your bid would be ignored. You couldn't meet the terms of the contract you'd be bidding on.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you know the right people and have greased the right palms you'll never get that contract anyway. You have to play the game the way major donors do to even have a shot at such things. 

• 2 months ago

If you don't drill, the rights revert back to the govt. to sell again.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You want to buy water?  Now there's a brilliant idea.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

sounds like another one of your brilliant plans to take over the world, is pinky going to help you?

• 2 months ago

Mineral leases typically require investment to keep.  You can't just grab them and sit on them.  You have to invest in exploration and development or otherwise show intent.  The government viewpoint is that the resource is a potential cash cow for them.  When you dig or extract, the government makes money.  They don't make money if you do not extract.  the 1.5 dollar rent per acre or whatever minuscule rental payment is required, is not a source of revenue.

• Pete
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The USA doesn't own the Arctic. There are about 8 countries who have claims to parts of the Arctic.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You don't have the money, they will know that you don't have the resources, and everyone will know that you are a liar.

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

there is coal under your feet and yet you are living to be 80...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bid with what? You have no money, you don't even own any property.

People like you shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

That's how we get morons like AOC.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.